The Student Room Group

Official: University of Nottingham A108 2024 Entry Applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Alhumdullilah just got an offer for A18L! No email, I logged in UCAS hub!
Reply 201
Original post by Aks-y
congratulations!!! which offer holder days are u guys going to. I booked mine for the 12th.

booked mine for the 10th! not sure if theyll say anything specifically about foundation year though since its a general med offer day
Reply 202
Original post by mdp22
booked mine for the 10th! not sure if theyll say anything specifically about foundation year though since its a general med offer day

I think it's likely to be more general. The only difference between the two courses is the foundation year which is pretty self explanatory. A majority of the time will be the standard A100 course after we transfer so the offer holder day reflects this I think.

Btw if you guys haven't seen it already the subject specific events for the medicine offer holder day has been released. I've linked it below:

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/documents/offer-holder-day-programmes/2024/finalised-medicine-school-of-medicine-10-12-april-2024-v4.pdf
Reply 203
Any offers from the opt in list?
Original post by Moni23

nope. Its likely to be a lot later like in June. I saw one person get an offer last year from the opt in list on 1 June. But it was for A100 not A108.
Original post by Aks-y
Icl I’m probably not gonna book accom in derby simply because I would probably like to get to know people studying other courses besides medicine and I think the main uni campus is better suited for that.
Plus you can get a free hopper bus from University park to derby so you don’t have to pay for commuting from the main campus.

Hello,
I have checked the accommodation at university of Nottingham and how to commute to Royal Derby Hospital. There is only one hopper bus 904 links between university of Nottingham and Royal Derby hospital and if you missed it, that’s it.
This way takes 55mins.
Most of accommodation slightly far from the hopper bus stop at University park, East Drive UN42 and you need to walk between 20 i.e Broadway park halls to 35 mins I.e Nottingham two or Raleigh park.
The total time is between 80min to 95min.
Am I right ? Are those numbers are not right? Any input would be appreciated?
My son is non home student and he has never been in Nottingham.
Reply 206
Original post by DS0110
Hello,
I have checked the accommodation at university of Nottingham and how to commute to Royal Derby Hospital. There is only one hopper bus 904 links between university of Nottingham and Royal Derby hospital and if you missed it, that’s it.
This way takes 55mins.
Most of accommodation slightly far from the hopper bus stop at University park, East Drive UN42 and you need to walk between 20 i.e Broadway park halls to 35 mins I.e Nottingham two or Raleigh park.

No this isn't correct. If you look at the timetable carefully you'll see that a hopper bus comes pretty much every hour from university park to Derby (read the times horizontally).
The link is here if you want to check again: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/sustainability/documents/transport/904.pdf.

Unfortunately, the commute will range from 45 to 55 minutes but honestly I'd say that's better than going for shared accommodation at derby in my opinion. Especially since most foundation medical students opt to stay at uni park campus and commute but in the end it's all down to preference I guess.
Reply 207
Original post by DS0110
Hello,
This way takes 55mins.

I agree with the reply above, the buses come at regular times and if you get the bus from the university west entrance its really quite close to most accommodation its about a ten minute walk from broadgate park to university west entrance. Honestly tell your son to be researching lol it seems like his parents are doing all of this for him, im sure youd find out everything you need to know if your son did a little research around this. But the hopper buses is worth it imo like someone else already said
(edited 1 week ago)
Original post by mdp22
I agree with the reply above, the buses come at regular times and if you get the bus from the university west entrance its really quite close to most accommodation its about a ten minute walk from broadgate park to university west entrance. Honestly tell your son to be researching lol it seems like his parents are doing all of this for him, im sure youd find out everything you need to know if your son did a little research around this. But the hopper buses is worth it imo like someone else already said
Ok, I partially agree with you as my son needs to do searching himself.
I am helping him as he gets “very” limited free time. He is doing part time job alongside with his A level (he doing Biology, Chemistry and Maths).
He is not relying on his parents to do his job, and I am so proud of him.
Original post by Aks-y
No this isn't correct. If you look at the timetable carefully you'll see that a hopper bus comes pretty much every hour from university park to Derby (read the times horizontally).
The link is here if you want to check again: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/sustainability/documents/transport/904.pdf.
Unfortunately, the commute will range from 45 to 55 minutes but honestly I'd say that's better than going for shared accommodation at derby in my opinion. Especially since most foundation medical students opt to stay at uni park campus and commute but in the end it's all down to preference I guess.

Hi,
Ok, I assumed lectures would start at 9am and you would have only one time slot for bus. For example the one with arrival time at 08:45am.
You don’t have bus every 10mins.
Reply 210
Original post by DS0110
Hi,
Ok, I assumed lectures would start at 9am and you would have only one time slot for bus. For example the one with arrival time at 08:45am.
You don’t have bus every 10mins.

Yh lectures could start at 9AM or later and it does mean that you may have to get up early to meet the hopper bus that would get you to derby on time but i would say that is more a benefit as it forces you to get into a good morning routine by making sure you sleep on time.

Even if you do miss the bus it’s not the end of the world. Uber is pretty affordable in Nottingham so that is another option. There’s also a series of alternative public transport methods you could use in Nottingham that are relatively cheap but also come at more regular intervals but I don’t think it’s all that big of an issue if you have a good routine.

Hope this helps.
Original post by Aks-y
Yh lectures could start at 9AM or later and it does mean that you may have to get up early to meet the hopper bus that would get you to derby on time but i would say that is more a benefit as it forces you to get into a good morning routine by making sure you sleep on time.
Even if you do miss the bus it’s not the end of the world. Uber is pretty affordable in Nottingham so that is another option. There’s also a series of alternative public transport methods you could use in Nottingham that are relatively cheap but also come at more regular intervals but I don’t think it’s all that big of an issue if you have a good routine.
Hope this helps.

Yes, it does help a lot. Much appreciated
Original post by Moni23

Hey, I'm not sure about other people but I got an offer today from the opt in list. I hope this helps!
Original post by iiiSian
Hey, I'm not sure about other people but I got an offer today from the opt in list. I hope this helps!

did u get a rejection from UCAS before they gave u the offer? congratsss btw!!!!
Original post by sa50002
did u get a rejection from UCAS before they gave u the offer? congratsss btw!!!!

Yeah, that's what happened w me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending