The Student Room Group

Official: University of Nottingham A108 2024 Entry Applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by saismarisetty
Would my conditional offer be BBC if I get an offer? or would it be AAB

I'm pretty sure it would be BBC. That's the standard conditional offer they give for this course
Reply 41
Original post by Aks-y
Don't know about that specific stat but they may be referring to the acceptance rate pre-interview I.E. out of everyone who applied, the percentage of people given offers.

On their website, they give the following info:

''While the Medicine with a Foundation Year (A108) has:

had 187 to 345 applicants meet the entry criteria
interviewed 100 to 125 applicants
made 53 to 65 offers
about 27 places for home students''

If we take the minimum amount of offers made which is 53 and divide it by the maximum amount of people that have met the entry requirements which is 345 we get around a 15% success rate. That percentage will undoubtedly be higher if you don't factor in people who do not make it to the interview stage.

Hope this helps

hello,
just wanted to ask where these stats are available?
thank you!
Reply 42
Original post by mdp22
hello,
just wanted to ask where these stats are available?
thank you!

It's on their applying to medicine page which you can find on the referenced link below:

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study-with-us/undergraduate/undergraduate-medicine/applying-to-medicine.aspx
Reply 43
Original post by Aks-y
It's on their applying to medicine page which you can find on the referenced link below:

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study-with-us/undergraduate/undergraduate-medicine/applying-to-medicine.aspx

thanks so much, not sure why i didnt think to look there, are you applying this year?
if so, same, and good luck!!
Reply 44
Original post by mdp22
thanks so much, not sure why i didnt think to look there, are you applying this year?
if so, same, and good luck!!

Yes, I am applying this year!! I've got an interview for January.

If you want, you can also check the document I've linked below which has key stats about the 2022/2023 admission cycle

Statistics for 2022/2023 entry: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1037227/response/2468182/attach/2/Response%20all%20information%20to%20be%20supplied.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1
Anyone want to practise for their interview?
Reply 46

I’m down. Do u mean Notts specific questions?
Reply 47

me
Reply 48

Yes please!!!
im down to do like general interview questions for practise, but how can we do it? on zoom?
Reply 50
im down to do like general interview questions for practise, but how can we do it? on zoom?

Wherever rlly, I’ve heard Notts use lots of role play and ethical scenarios so it will be good for that.
Reply 51
Ok does tomorrow 6-7 PM work because I know some people have got interviews this week? I was thinking Microsoft Teams would probably be best since that's the platform they're going to use in the actual thing so it's probably good practice.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 52
Original post by Aks-y
Ok does tomorrow 6-7 PM work because I know some people have got interviews this week? I was thinking Microsoft Teams would probably be best since that's the platform they're going to use in the actual thing so it's probably good practice.

Anyways, I've set up a Teams link for anyone available tomorrow so we can go through some practice questions specific to Notts.
https://teams.live.com/meet/9412345798179?p=sVgqQ3M6lRH46DcM

okay thank youuu
Reply 53
Original post by Aks-y

Anyways, I've set up a Teams link for anyone available tomorrow so we can go through some practice questions specific to Notts.
https://teams.live.com/meet/9412345798179?p=sVgqQ3M6lRH46DcM

Sorry guys, gonna have to reschedule for Tuesday same time. I will post the link closer to the day.

Those wth interviews this week, what day is it?
Original post by Aks-y
Sorry guys, gonna have to reschedule for Tuesday same time. I will post the link closer to the day.

shud we make like a WhatsApp gc for interview practise just to avoid random people joining the meeting
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 55
Original post by Aks-y

it’s friday morning for me
Reply 56
shud we make like a WhatsApp gc for interview practise just to avoid random people joining the meeting

yhhh
Reply 57

We can’t because it goes against the TSR rules to advertise any sort of gc.
I’m the host so anyone who joins for anything other than interview preparation then I can remove them from the teams meeting so there shouldn’t be a problem.
Reply 58
Guys, how many spaces are there for the A108 course?
Original post by Aks-y
We can’t because it goes against the TSR rules to advertise any sort of gc.
I’m the host so anyone who joins for anything other than interview preparation then I can remove them from the teams meeting so there shouldn’t be a problem.

oh calm thats fine cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending