The Student Room Group

Official: University of Nottingham A108 2024 Entry Applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by nxjmx123
Guys, how many spaces are there for the A108 course?

28 spaces this year.

If you look in the document I shared a little earlier up in the thread you’ll see that for 2023 entry they invited around 100 to interview and around 30 received offers so that’s about a 3/10 chance of receiving and offer based on 2023 entry stats.
Reply 61
Teams interview practice link for tomorrow 6pm-7pm for those who want to practice questions specific to Notts.

https://teams.live.com/meet/9453209945326?p=EBClK6fAtNrUJqgo
Reply 62
Original post by Aks-y
Teams interview practice link for tomorrow 6pm-7pm for those who want to practice questions specific to Notts.

https://teams.live.com/meet/9453209945326?p=EBClK6fAtNrUJqgo

Teams meeting has started for anyone who did want to take part in interview prep
Original post by Aks-y
Teams meeting has started for anyone who did want to take part in interview prep

was very useful bro appreciate it
Reply 64
Thank you to everyone who attended the team meeting today.

Sorry for the abrupt ending. Do let me know if you found it helpful so that I can set up another one in the future and hopefully by then we would have been a little more prepared to give more developed answers.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 65
Original post by Aks-y
Thank you to everyone who attended the team meeting today.

Sorry for the abrupt ending. Do let me know if you found it helpful so that I can set up another one in the future and hopefully by then we would have been a little more prepared to give more developed answers.

That would be great thanks
Reply 66
Original post by Aks-y

thank you it was helpful
People who had their interview today, how did it go?
Reply 68
Original post by saismarisetty
People who had their interview today, how did it go?

i don’t even know i’d rather forget about it 😭😭

im sure you did fine lol, don't worry too much about it
Reply 70

Try to get it out of your mind. It's human nature to focus on the negative aspects of things. The important thing is not to dwell on it as that will only give you more opportunity to criticize yourself and your responses and we still have a relatively long wait before offers come out. You made it to the interview stage and you should be proud of that.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 71
does anyone know the difference between interview green and interview blue?
Reply 72
Original post by Vaanujan
does anyone know the difference between interview green and interview blue?

There is no difference. It just helps them to organise who will be conducting your interview.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 73
Hi, I got 74 points I’ve basically got no chance right, Cause of my band 3
Reply 74
Original post by Senkusama
Hi, I got 74 points I’ve basically got no chance right, Cause of my band 3

Hard to say really. You haven’t been rejected which is a good thing but then again I can’t recall a prior year in the past 2 admission cycles where they have used the new selection criteria a time when the lowest score invited to interview has been less than 99.

Don’t give up hope but even if you don’t get an invite from Notts hopefully your other option work out. If worst comes to the worst you can reapply next year but for now no news is good news.
Reply 75
Original post by Aks-y
Hard to say really. You haven’t been rejected which is a good thing but then again I can’t recall a prior year in the past 2 admission cycles where they have used the new selection criteria a time when the lowest score invited to interview has been less than 99.

Don’t give up hope but even if you don’t get an invite from Notts hopefully your other option work out. If worst comes to the worst you can reapply next year but for now no news is good news.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1037227/response/2468182/attach/2/Response%20all%20information%20to%20be%20supplied.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1
Based of this do I have a chance?
Reply 76
Original post by Aks-y

Based of this do I have a chance cause my UCAT is 2460

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1037227/response/2468182/attach/2/Response%20all%20information%20to%20be%20supplied.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1
Reply 77

Unfortunately this info doesn’t include the average SJT band which has the highest weighting in Notts selection criteria so it’s pretty difficult to tell based on just the raw ucat score. You haven’t been rejected so they’re still considering your application. Did you apply to Lincoln as well? They generally have a lower cutoff.
(edited 4 months ago)
rejected with 114 points, people with lower scores have been getting interviews
Reply 79
Original post by huz1111111
rejected with 114 points, people with lower scores have been getting interviews

What are your stats? Selection for interview is based solely on the number of points. In your case I think the best thing to do is contact them if you're certain your points add up to 114. Before that though, I would advise you do the following things.

1) Double check you meet the contextual criteria set out by the university and that your points do add up to 114 under their selection criteria.
2) Make sure your predicted/achieved grades don't meet the normal OR contextual A100 entry requirement.
3) Double check you meet the minimum GCSE grade requirements for english, maths and science.

It is also possible that those with lower scores than you who were invited to interview may have been given one via interview fast track as Nottingham has an outreach programme which guarantees an interview.

Send them an enquiry explaining the situation as it is entirely possible a mistake could have been made.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending