The Student Room Group

Official: University of Nottingham A100 2024 Entry Applicant thread

Welcome to the University of Nottingham A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

Nottingham A100 2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7252488

For general information click: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy...edSci+and+BMBS

For entry requirements: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy...edSci+and+BMBS

Selection process/scoring: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study-with-us/undergraduate/undergraduate-medicine/undergraduate-selection-process.aspx

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 8 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

how many points out of 152 would you say is safe enough for a good chance of interview?
Reply 3
Original post by ilovemaths28
how many points out of 152 would you say is safe enough for a good chance of interview?

Last year's cut off was around 129 - to be safe would want margin above 130 (and be above 125 for lincoln). Band 1s needed under their scoring unfortunately. (Note - they do also have some guaranteed interview programmes - see website.)
Original post by Justapapa
Last year's cut off was around 129 - to be safe would want margin above 130 (and be above 125 for lincoln). Band 1s needed under their scoring unfortunately. (Note - they do also have some guaranteed interview programmes - see website.)

I calculated my points but I'm not sure if I did it right. Could you calculate and double check for me please if you can?

UCAT 2820 band 2
VR 610
DM 670
QR 770
AR 770

GCSEs top 8: 99999888 (including bio, chem, maths, english lang)

thank you!
I calculated my points but I'm not sure if I did it right. Could you calculate and double check for me please if you can?

UCAT 2820 band 2
VR 610
DM 670
QR 770
AR 770

GCSEs top 8: 99999888 (including bio, chem, maths, english lang)

thank you!

oh so i was far off the cutoff:frown: any recs on where I could apply with this score? atp it feels like my score wasn't even good
Reply 7
oh so i was far off the cutoff:frown: any recs on where I could apply with this score? atp it feels like my score wasn't even good

No it's a great score. I know you've posted on the which medical school thread - I will take a look and respond but not sure on some of the contextual questions (never really looked at qmul for instance). Reubenn etc are on the ball though!

Definitely Liverpool! That’s a guaranteed interview!
Reply 9
No it's a great score. I know you've posted on the which medical school thread - I will take a look and respond but not sure on some of the contextual questions (never really looked at qmul for instance). Reubenn etc are on the ball though!

Hey,
I got 610 VR 600 DM 770 AR 650 and SJT Band 1. I also got 14 A*s at GCSE (im from Wales so we use the old system). Im guessing that gives me 40+60+32 = 132/152 points. Would that be competitive for Nottingham or Lincoln this year?
Thanks
Original post by VilasL06
Hey,
I got 610 VR 600 DM 770 AR 650 and SJT Band 1. I also got 14 A*s at GCSE (im from Wales so we use the old system). Im guessing that gives me 40+60+32 = 132/152 points. Would that be competitive for Nottingham or Lincoln this year?
Thanks

Notts cut off last year 129. Could move up if more band 1s this year or more band 1s apply strategically there. 132 should be ok but not risk free. Lincoln cut off was around 123 so v safe
Reply 11
Notts cut off last year 129. Could move up if more band 1s this year or more band 1s apply strategically there. 132 should be ok but not risk free. Lincoln cut off was around 123 so v safe

Are you sure that Notts and Lincoln have different cutoffs? Also how is competition for places like? Doesn't nottingham have bigger capacity for spaces?
Original post by VilasL06
Are you sure that Notts and Lincoln have different cutoffs? Also how is competition for places like? Doesn't nottingham have bigger capacity for spaces?

Yes and notts is much bigger, but also more popular
Reply 13
Hey, I attended the Notts open day and loved the university ever since. I just did my cat and got a score of 2750 B1

VR: 540
DM:670
QR: 770
AR:770
SJT: Band 1

My top 8 GCSEs (that are required as mentioned on their website) give me a total of 30/32

Overall I would have ended up with 130/152

Would this be a comfortable score to get into interviews considering this year?
Reply 14
Original post by Glen__
Hey, I attended the Notts open day and loved the university ever since. I just did my cat and got a score of 2750 B1

VR: 540
DM:670
QR: 770
AR:770
SJT: Band 1

My top 8 GCSEs (that are required as mentioned on their website) give me a total of 30/32

Overall I would have ended up with 130/152

Would this be a comfortable score to get into interviews considering this year?

Unfortunately, there's no way to tell for this year. What I can say is that your score would be competitive based on previous years' thresholds. I also know someone who got the exact same UCAT score albeit probably different GCSEs to you and she is starting as Notts this September.

It's definitely an option.
Reply 15
Hi.
Day after UCAT and feeling like a huge weight has been lifted. Have I calculated my Nottingham Score correctly?
I have:
9 GCSE at level 9 so that gives me 32 points.
Situational Judgement Band = 60 points
UCAT. VR. 630 therefore 2x8 = 16 points
DM 630 = 8 points
QR. 700 = 8 points
AR. 820 = 12 points
I do have worked that correctly it gives me 136 total.
I also have extenuating circumstances.
Is Nottingham worth an application. It is so competitive to get into Medicine - I don’t want to waste an application.
Anyone have any suggestions with my stats?
TIA
Original post by Vict165
Hi.
Day after UCAT and feeling like a huge weight has been lifted. Have I calculated my Nottingham Score correctly?
I have:
9 GCSE at level 9 so that gives me 32 points.
Situational Judgement Band = 60 points
UCAT. VR. 630 therefore 2x8 = 16 points
DM 630 = 8 points
QR. 700 = 8 points
AR. 820 = 12 points
I do have worked that correctly it gives me 136 total.
I also have extenuating circumstances.
Is Nottingham worth an application. It is so competitive to get into Medicine - I don’t want to waste an application.
Anyone have any suggestions with my stats?
TIA

yes, you have calculated it correctly, and yes, that is a good score for nottingham
Reply 17
Original post by reubenn05
yes, you have calculated it correctly, and yes, that is a good score for nottingham

Thank you
Reply 18
hi i'm a grad applicant. Achieved a 1st class in my undergrad and my UCAT is 2800 band 2, not sure if there is a different scoring system for grad applicants applying to undergrad. If anyone knows would be super helpful
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 19
Hi there, I got 135 this year and was wondering if this was good to secure an interview? I've heard nottingham has low post interview offer rates though which puts me off :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending