The Student Room Group

Spouse

Asalaamu'alaikum and good morning, I'm a married husband of 16 years, father of 5 alhamdulillah....I need some advice, have got some advice from the religious scholars also....I love my wife and we are both practising Muslims, I try my best to follow the way of the prophet, especially at home...but for so many years now it seem like my wife doesnt show apprectiation....I understand she is busy with the kids bit I do I help out from taking kids to school, picking them up, changing nappies, hoovering, dishes etc...she is always on the phone and spends most evenings at her friends house, coming home at like 1am nearly every other day...I have spoken to her about this several times politely, nicely even sometimes get upset....but she doesn't seem to prioritise our relationship and it really depressing me....any advice please
Original post by Arfanm
Asalaamu'alaikum and good morning, I'm a married husband of 16 years, father of 5 alhamdulillah....I need some advice, have got some advice from the religious scholars also....I love my wife and we are both practising Muslims, I try my best to follow the way of the prophet, especially at home...but for so many years now it seem like my wife doesnt show apprectiation....I understand she is busy with the kids bit I do I help out from taking kids to school, picking them up, changing nappies, hoovering, dishes etc...she is always on the phone and spends most evenings at her friends house, coming home at like 1am nearly every other day...I have spoken to her about this several times politely, nicely even sometimes get upset....but she doesn't seem to prioritise our relationship and it really depressing me....any advice please

First of all... Walk me through this. You woke up today and thought, "I'm going to sign up to a British student website aimed mostly at the 16-21 year old population. They'll probably be able to help me figure out my decades long Islamic marriage."

Is that about the size of it? Did I miss anything?
New account and first post...smells slightly trollish to me.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
New account and first post...smells slightly trollish to me.

I have a 'Is this fake?' algorithm I run through my head whenever I see one of these sorts of posts:

1) Is this either anonymous or the first post someone has had? (+10 fake points)
2) Does this include salacious and lurid details? (+10 fake points)
3) Is it a question that no 16-21 year old could conceivably answer because of its highly specialized nature? (+10 fake points)

Answers:
0 Fake Points - Congratulations! It's either not fake or so average that it sounds like something that could conceivably true. Well done!
10 Fake Points - Probably fake. Not eye-rollingly fake, but fake enough that I don't believe it's real. Especially if there's no reason to be anonymous.
20 Fake Points - Eye rollingly fake. I sigh dramatically upon reading it and probably make fun of it if I have the time and inclination.
30 Fake Points - I will do something like post this algorithm and answer key.
Original post by ThatOldGuy
I have a 'Is this fake?' algorithm I run through my head whenever I see one of these sorts of posts:

1) Is this either anonymous or the first post someone has had? (+10 fake points)
3) Is it a question that no 16-21 year old could conceivably answer because of its highly specialized nature? (+10 fake points)

Answers:
0 Fake Points - Congratulations! It's either not fake or so average that it sounds like something that could conceivably true. Well done!
10 Fake Points - Probably fake. Not eye-rollingly fake, but fake enough that I don't believe it's real. Especially if there's no reason to be anonymous.
20 Fake Points - Eye rollingly fake. I sigh dramatically upon reading it and probably make fun of it if I have the time and inclination.

Wow!! That point system is wayyy too much work for me hahaha, I just have a troll antenna that I pass over the account and if it twitches then I know something might be up.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 5
First of all... Walk me through this. You woke up today and thought, "I'm going to sign up to a British student website aimed mostly at the 16-21 year old population. They'll probably be able to help me figure out my decades long Islamic marriage."

Is that about the size of it? Did I miss anything?

I didnt know it was for 16-21 yrs old...

Answers:

PRSOM
Original post by Arfanm
I didnt know it was for 16-21 yrs old...

That makes perfect sense. You signed up for The Student Room and didn't realize it would be for people who are overwhelmingly of student age.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending