The Student Room Group

Failed first year chemical engineering

I suffered from depression and failed 3 of my modules which were resit attempts, so even though I am pleading with them on emails and Personal Extenuating Circumstances forms, I know I will most likely not be allowed to progress to second year. I have wasted so much of my parents' time and money, I feel so useless and hopeless, I have let them down beyond imagination and there is nothing left for me. My train ticket back to uni is booked for this Saturday, and I don't have the heart to tell them yet. If anyone out there has any advice for me, please let me know. I wish there was something I could do.
Original post by DaQuestioner
I suffered from depression and failed 3 of my modules which were resit attempts, so even though I am pleading with them on emails and Personal Extenuating Circumstances forms, I know I will most likely not be allowed to progress to second year. I have wasted so much of my parents' time and money, I feel so useless and hopeless, I have let them down beyond imagination and there is nothing left for me. My train ticket back to uni is booked for this Saturday, and I don't have the heart to tell them yet. If anyone out there has any advice for me, please let me know. I wish there was something I could do.

Look mate, Im not going to say relate with you and feel sorry with you if thats the response you are wanting.

You have to face the music. Its as simple as that. Either way at some point your parents will find out, so its better telling them now than later. The later you leave it the more ****ed they will be because you've lied to them, or whatever

Furthermore, you gotta sort this depression out man. Idk what caused it but get yourself a gym membership asap and hit gym everyday without fail.

Hope this helps brother, i apologise if it sounds harsh. My DM's are open.
Id aim to get some support for your mental health issues, go to a doctor, when your mental health is in a better position you will be better placed to re-start university.

Additionally if your parents support your education they likely care for you- and whilst the situation may be initially confusing they will probably try to help.

Quick Reply

Latest