The Student Room Group

Choosing A level subject

Hi, I am in year 11 and I got my mock result yesterday and now I need to apply for sixth form. BUT i don't know what to choose, 50% of me want to be a doctor and 50% want to be a software engineer. So my preference is(not in order): computer science, biology, maths, chemistry and further maths. As i can only choose to do 3/4 A levels, I have no idea which to pick and also i don't know if should I do 3 or 4 A levels.

For further maths, my dad doesn't recommend me to do it as he thinks it is too hard for me( I did further maths gcse last year, so will this give me an advantage? ) I know for further maths, there is like a choice for me to pick from and I only want to do decision maths as it related to computer science.

If I do Biology, can I do computer science at university? Or can I do medicine if I don't do biology, as chemistry is a must for medicine?

Please help !!! thanks
As far as I know, you don’t need computer science a level if you want to do a computer science related degree at uni, so I would recommend doing the other 4
Reply 2
Oh, I see thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest