The Student Room Group

How much do my predicted grades pose as hindrance to my Cambridge application?

Hi,

I am planning to apply to Cambridge for Computer Science.

My predicted grades are A* A*AA, but I am unsure to what extent these predicted grades may hinder my application.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I am planning to apply to Cambridge for Computer Science.

My predicted grades are A* A*AA, but I am unsure to what extent these predicted grades may hinder my application.

Hi
Firstly, good luck. It depends on which subjects you are predicted A*A* for and which A? An important factor will be how well you do in your TMUA.
Reply 2
Original post by CAG575
Hi
Firstly, good luck. It depends on which subjects you are predicted A*A* for and which A? An important factor will be how well you do in your TMUA

For Computer Science and Maths, I had been predicted A*A*. For Further Maths and Chemistry, I had been predicted AA.

To what extent does that affect my application compared to how well I do on the TMUA?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
For Computer Science and Maths, I had been predicted A*A*. For Further Maths and Chemistry, I had been predicted AA.

To what extent does that affect my application compared to how well I do on the TMUA?

I can’t give you a weighting percentage, maybe someone else can. The further Maths being an A will not work to your advantage, to be honest. The Chemistry doesn’t matter at all. If you can do a really strong TMUA this should overcome your FM prediction. I know of someone who applied to Cambridge last year for CS with A*A*A* predictions in Maths, FM, CS. Didn’t do great in the TMUA and didn’t get an interview. I suspect that the TMUA carries more weight than your teacher’s predictions
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending