The Student Room Group

Tesco Graduate Scheme 2024 (Retail,Online,Product)

Hi all,

3 new graduate schemes opened in December 2023 for Tesco and was wondering if anyone has applied?
I applied for the Online scheme and am yet to do my video interview!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Noorr12
Hi all,

3 new graduate schemes opened in December 2023 for Tesco and was wondering if anyone has applied?
I applied for the Online scheme and am yet to do my video interview!

Hey, have you done it? How did it go for you? I just completed by assessments. Do you mind sharing what your insight was like? I only have "working with people" and "working with information" and I have only one feedback under "working with people". Is this the same for you?
Reply 2
Original post by liahop
Hey, have you done it? How did it go for you? I just completed by assessments. Do you mind sharing what your insight was like? I only have "working with people" and "working with information" and I have only one feedback under "working with people". Is this the same for you?

Hey I haven’t done the video interview yet but I’m thinking of doing it this weekend. I have one feedback under working with people four under working with information.
Which scheme did you apply for?
Reply 3
Original post by Noorr12
Hey I haven’t done the video interview yet but I’m thinking of doing it this weekend. I have one feedback under working with people four under working with information.
Which scheme did you apply for?

That's the same thing I got. I applied for the product scheme. How long did it take for them to send you the video interview? Hopefully, we get the job
Reply 4
Original post by liahop
That's the same thing I got. I applied for the product scheme. How long did it take for them to send you the video interview? Hopefully, we get the job

I got the invitation to do a video interview straight after receiving the insights.
Reply 5
Original post by Noorr12
I got the invitation to do a video interview straight after receiving the insights.

I am yet to receive the invite. I probably did not get through.
Just completed my games and got the interview invite too! Not really sure what to expect. Do you think it will be easier to pass using the AI analysis or having a real person review it? I know it will be a lot faster with AI though so that is nice.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by askquestions310
Just completed my games and got the interview invite too! Not really sure what to expect. Do you think it will be easier to pass using the AI analysis or having a real person review it? I know it will be a lot faster with AI though so that is nice.

I’d say use the AI analysis. It’s a lot quicker to get your results and it’s not as nerve racking when you know ai is assessing the video interview! I did mine today and it’s not as bad as you think. They allow you to redo your answers twice if you’re not happy with the first one which is great
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Noorr12
I’d say use the AI analysis. It’s a lot quicker to get your results and it’s not as nerve racking when you know ai is assessing the video interview! I did mine today and it’s not as bad as you think. They allow you to redo your answers twice if you’re not happy with the first one which is great

Thank you, I will use the AI! Did you get news yet? Also obviously nothing specific but was there anything about demonstrated interest or was it just competency/strength based questions?
Reply 9
Thank you, I will use the AI! Did you get news yet? Also obviously nothing specific but was there anything about demonstrated interest or was it just competency/strength based questions?

Yes I received an email straight after to say I’ve passed the interview stage and that I now need to keep an eye out if I’m shortlisted for DC. And I’d say they were majority competency based questions. Which scheme did you apply for? Let me know how you get on.
Original post by Noorr12
Yes I received an email straight after to say I’ve passed the interview stage and that I now need to keep an eye out if I’m shortlisted for DC. And I’d say they were majority competency based questions. Which scheme did you apply for? Let me know how you get on.

I’m applying to Product! Was a little worried that I didn’t get an email right after but I found out I passed after about an hour which was relieving. I’m also trying to log in the new link they sent but when I click forgot password it doesn’t work for me. Does it work for you or did you have to register?
Reply 11
I’m applying to Product! Was a little worried that I didn’t get an email right after but I found out I passed after about an hour which was relieving. I’m also trying to log in the new link they sent but when I click forgot password it doesn’t work for me. Does it work for you or did you have to register?

Ah congrats on passing the video interview! I am having the same issue regarding accessing the pre DC account area. I’m glad it’s not just me haha. I’ve sent them an email about this, I’ll let you know what they say as I’m sure some are having the same issue.
Reply 12

I’ve just received a reply from them. This is what they’ve said ‘Thank you for your reply.
Not at the moment. If you have been shortlisted, you will receive a right to work check via email, this will also mean you have been uploaded into the pre-Discovery account area and will be able to access it then.’
Original post by Noorr12
I’ve just received a reply from them. This is what they’ve said ‘Thank you for your reply.
Not at the moment. If you have been shortlisted, you will receive a right to work check via email, this will also mean you have been uploaded into the pre-Discovery account area and will be able to access it then.’

Congrats on passing yours too! The email made it seem like we should be tracking it already but I guess not, thank you for letting me know! Let’s just hope we get shortlisted then, good luck :smile:
Reply 14
Does anyone know how important the CV is for applying to the product role, when I went to upload it says that it's optional. I am going to upload one but this just stumped me.
Original post by Buffyoo
Does anyone know how important the CV is for applying to the product role, when I went to upload it says that it's optional. I am going to upload one but this just stumped me.

Unsure how much it affects things but I’m guessing it might go into the decision of if you’re shortlisted along with your assessment scores
Hey just wanted to update and say I’m able to log in through forgotten password now. However I also see that the discovery dates given have mostly passed and I’m not too sure why? The scheme only opened on Dec 20 but most of the center are before that so there must be some kind of error. Is it the same for others?
Reply 17
Hey just wanted to update and say I’m able to log in through forgotten password now. However I also see that the discovery dates given have mostly passed and I’m not too sure why? The scheme only opened on Dec 20 but most of the center are before that so there must be some kind of error. Is it the same for others?

That’s great news, congrats! I’ve just received an email to complete my right to work check. I’m sure they’ll be releasing dates as when I emailed them last week they mentioned they’ll be carrying out discovery centres up until March.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Noorr12
That’s great news, congrats! I’ve just received an email to complete my right to work check. I’m sure they’ll be releasing dates as when I emailed them last week they mentioned they’ll be carrying out discovery centres up until March.

Oh that’s good to know, I suspected that but thank you! Btw for your right to work check, have you been invited to a center already? I got an email too that made it seem like I should upload mine but because I wasn’t actually invited yet, there is nowhere to actually upload.
Reply 19
Oh that’s good to know, I suspected that but thank you! Btw for your right to work check, have you been invited to a center already? I got an email too that made it seem like I should upload mine but because I wasn’t actually invited yet, there is nowhere to actually upload.

I received an email saying I need to upload my right to work checks. It then took me to the Tesco careers login page and once signed in I clicked on ‘Right to work check’ under my application. This then sent me another email where I had to upload my passport on a third party site.

I can now also access the pre discovery account centre and it say ‘Under Review: Please await further communication’. Does yours say the same thing?
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending