The Student Room Group

Someone bumped me from behind

Today I was at a roundabout giving way to the right like normal. There was a massive campervan behind me close enough already, he did his horn at me because I wouldnt go. But there was truly no gap I deemed safe so I waited for it to be clear. Shortly after that I was still waiting, everyone in the car felt like we was being pushed. I looked in my rear view mirror and it looked like the campervan made contact with my bumper (it would have been crawling speed as we only felt a gentle push, I was on the brake). He ended up going the same way as I did me being in front I indicated and pulled over where it was safe just off this main road. However the campervan driver just continued. He looked like he was totally unaware that he had rear ended me. So in the end I got out and there was no physical damage what so ever and the bumper felt like it was still on how it should be. I couldn't get his reg plate in time and he just carried on. Is there anything I should do now?, with no damage on my car and without the details of him I feel there is nothing I can do
Reply 1
Original post by lowRocketry
Today I was at a roundabout giving way to the right like normal. There was a massive campervan behind me close enough already, he did his horn at me because I wouldnt go. But there was truly no gap I deemed safe so I waited for it to be clear. Shortly after that I was still waiting, everyone in the car felt like we was being pushed. I looked in my rear view mirror and it looked like the campervan made contact with my bumper (it would have been crawling speed as we only felt a gentle push, I was on the brake). He ended up going the same way as I did me being in front I indicated and pulled over where it was safe just off this main road. However the campervan driver just continued. He looked like he was totally unaware that he had rear ended me. So in the end I got out and there was no physical damage what so ever and the bumper felt like it was still on how it should be. I couldn't get his reg plate in time and he just carried on. Is there anything I should do now?, with no damage on my car and without the details of him I feel there is nothing I can do

Since your car has no physical damages and you did not obtain the details of the campervan driver, there may not be much you can do at this point. If you happen to notice any hidden or delayed damage to your car later on, you can consider reporting it to your insurance company.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending