Original post by _keshika._v
Is US or UK better for undergrad?
For Aeronautical Engineering or Artificial Intelligence

Better in terms of what?
Reply 2
Original post by Smack
Better in terms of what?

overall, reputation, academics, student life, etc

Coz I've heard the UK is not good for AI, not too sure about this.
Is US or UK better for undergrad?
For Aeronautical Engineering or Artificial Intelligence

Depends what you want to do. For civil aerospace & general engineering applications related to aerospace it doesn’t really matter. The US probably has a larger industry for aerospace but also more competition for jobs.

For defence (which is probably larger then civil aerospace industry) it depends what you want to do and is very sensitive industry (so your citizenship, where you’ve lived, relatives all matter to where you can work).
overall, reputation, academics, student life, etc

Coz I've heard the UK is not good for AI, not too sure about this.

It's true that the US is better overall for both AI and aerospace, so if those are your interests in might be better to study in the US if you have the choice.

In terms of reputation, UK unis are better known in the UK and US unis better known in the US. Student life, I understand, is somewhat different between the two countries, possibly due to the drinking age being 21 in America. American universities also seem to be heavily focused on sports, too, with their teams being feeders into professional level teams. We do have some sporty universities in the UK - for example Loughborough and Bath - but nothing on that level. It'd probably be best to look into this more, as I'd imagine very few people can comment on the student life and both British and American universities.

Quick Reply

Latest