The Student Room Group

Can I do my second and third year in one year?

I have done my first year and am on a break currently. I want to know if it would be possible to do my second and third year in one year. I don’t want to email and ask my lecturers because it would be embarrassing if it’s not possible.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can it be done? Probably.

Could you? Absolutely not.
Reply 2
Original post by Guru Jason
Can it be done? Probably.

Could you? Absolutely not.

That’s a bit cryptic. How would I go about doing it tho?
Original post by 2102945
I have done my first year and am on a break currently. I want to know if it would be possible to do my second and third year in one year. I don’t want to email and ask my lecturers because it would be embarrassing if it’s not possible.

Wouldn’t be possible the amount of theory and practical you’d have to practice and prepare for whilst also having to take in you’ll have a breakdown or meltdown. It’d be too much to handle.
Reply 4
Original post by Mohammed_80
Wouldn’t be possible the amount of theory and practical you’d have to practice and prepare for whilst also having to take in you’ll have a breakdown or meltdown. It’d be too much to handle.

I am only doing maths. It’s a very small cohort, surely they can just fit me in somewhere?
Reply 5
Original post by 2102945
That’s a bit cryptic. How would I go about doing it tho?

Unless you're Einstein, I'd forget it. Too much to do for little time and you're unlikely to be able to cope with time constraints and time management.
Reply 6
Unless you're Einstein, I'd forget it. Too much to do for little time and you're unlikely to be able to cope with time constraints and time management.

I did get a 2:1 and do additional modules at the same time. Should I approach them about it so they can arrange it for next year. Both years have the same lecturers and rooms so there’s no overlap in terms of timetabling.
Original post by 2102945
I am only doing maths. It’s a very small cohort, surely they can just fit me in somewhere?

Nope even if it’s maths whether your degree is for a position in accounting I’d forget it.
Reply 8
Nope even if it’s maths whether your degree is for a position in accounting I’d forget it.

I just want to get the degree and move on as soon as possible tho. It’s getting boring being at uni.
Original post by 2102945
I did get a 2:1 and do additional modules at the same time. Should I approach them about it so they can arrange it for next year. Both years have the same lecturers and rooms so there’s no overlap in terms of timetabling.

Intensive sessions and heavy packed timetable will lead to physical and mental burnt out leaving you to eventually drop the course.
Original post by 2102945

Only a 2.1. Then forget it. Obxridge folk with 1sts would struggle so you definitely would.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 11
Only a 2.1. Then forget it. Obxridge folk with 1sts would struggle so you definitely would.

I found the lessons easy so I don’t see the problem other than the uni agreeing. I am very stubborn, I believe I can do it but I don’t know if they would let me.
Original post by 2102945
I found the lessons easy so I don’t see the problem other than the uni agreeing. I am very stubborn, I believe I can do it but I don’t know if they would let me.

Just ask them then. You're clearly not here for advice but for a yes man to agree with you.
Original post by 2102945

If you found the lessons easy why didnt you get a first? Can't have found it that easy. Uni will not allow it. They will tell you its too much.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by 2102945

I don’t they will go beyond the structure and planning of teaching for one student to merge two years into one if it was a group of 100s of students maybe but your dreaming :rolleyes:
If your willing and have the money to pay up the £27,000 within a year of completing your studies then go for it
Reply 16
Original post by flamingolover
If you found the lessons easy why didnt you get a first? Can't have found it that easy. Uni will not allow it. They will tell you its too much. Plus from their side they'd be loosing 9 grand.

I was very Ill during the exam period. I just hate the uni and want to go and finish up already.

I don’t they will go beyond the structure and planning of teaching for one student to merge two years into one if it was a group of 100s of students maybe but your dreaming :rolleyes:

That’s true. It’s a bit delusional I suppose. 😐
Original post by 2102945
I was very Ill during the exam period. I just hate the uni and want to go and finish up already.

That’s true. It’s a bit delusional I suppose. 😐

Harsh yet sad reality buddy wise of you to start a thread but take onboard the help and advice you got given now. Recoup and recover over the summer and wishing you the best for the next academic year.
Reply 18
Harsh yet sad reality buddy wise of you to start a thread but take onboard the help and advice you got given now. Recoup and recover over the summer and wishing you the best for the next academic year.

2 years is a long time to be stuck on a course tho.
Original post by 2102945
2 years is a long time to be stuck on a course tho.

It’s the structure of a course it’s like saying learning the syllabus of how to drive I could be test ready within the space of 3-6 months or it could take me 9-12 months to be ready possibly two years we all have different stages of being able to learn and picking something up. Plus it’s intensive after all and you’d just be adding stress, fatigue and you’ll be knackered and burnt out to the point where you might have a breakdown now the way and the structure you follow now won’t leave you to regret since you ain’t going to give up or leave the course and you’ll eventually complete the course in your own pace and rate of time.

Quick Reply

Latest