The Student Room Group

Drop In Sessions

I've got my timetable for uni now and Wednesday seems quite hectic. However one of the sessions is a 2 hour "drop in" session and I was wondering whether these are optional or compulsory? I can't see anywhere that it's worth any credits and it says its an Enrichment Programme. I'm gonna go to my first one just to see if they'll let us know then, but I was wondering if anyone that knows could give me an answer before that? It's uni of Portsmouth if it makes a difference
Reply 1
A drop-in session would usually be a session where students can come and go as they please, if they feel they need a little extra help with something or have some questions to ask. It does depend on the specific plan but you can also likely just drop in and get some work done independently, but knowing there’s help if you need it.

I would assume that it’s not compulsory, and it’s certainly not compulsory for the entire session, but it’s more on a here-when-you-need-it basis. However, I would strongly recommended popping in to the first one to get a feel of the expectations and try to go for a little while every week. It’s likely to be extremely useful and will benefit your overall understanding of the subject.
Original post by Anonymous
I've got my timetable for uni now and Wednesday seems quite hectic. However one of the sessions is a 2 hour "drop in" session and I was wondering whether these are optional or compulsory? I can't see anywhere that it's worth any credits and it says its an Enrichment Programme. I'm gonna go to my first one just to see if they'll let us know then, but I was wondering if anyone that knows could give me an answer before that? It's uni of Portsmouth if it makes a difference

Hey!

Drop-in sessions are as the name suggests, so you can basically come and go as you please! It will most likely be optional and as said above, you can just go in and ask any questions you have! They are useful, but if you don't have the time to go, you can still ask questions by email etc. or during the lecturers' office hours, so I'd say don't worry too much if your Wednesday schedule is already hectic :smile:

Best of luck with everything!!

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep (PhD Psychology)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending