The Student Room Group

A level 3rd Subject

Hi Guys!, I am a college student and I am in my first year and currently I am studying bio, chem and physics A levels and I am thinking about changing Physics to a different subject but I have no idea about which subject to change to ( i am thinking about doing biotechnology or biomedical science in Uni) ,,,, so I would really appriciate your openion on which subject to do,,,,,
Just do a subject your interested in biology and chemistry is enough to do a biomedical science degree and most biotechnology degrees you may want to take something in tech field to get an overview of what biotechnology is but you can pick any subject doesn't really have to much impact you could pick English or maths to get options in other fields in case you change your mind as well

TAKE SOMETHING YOU LIKE AND WILL GET AN A IN THATS MOST IMPORTANT NO POINT TAKING SOMRTHING YOU WILL FAIL
(edited 7 months ago)
Maths definitely
Reply 3
Original post by Iduwara1
i am thinking about doing biotechnology or biomedical science in Uni

Then look up the entry requirements for these degree subjects on a range of different Uni websites and see what A level subjects are essential or preferred.
Original post by Iduwara1
Hi Guys!, I am a college student and I am in my first year and currently I am studying bio, chem and physics A levels and I am thinking about changing Physics to a different subject but I have no idea about which subject to change to ( i am thinking about doing biotechnology or biomedical science in Uni) ,,,, so I would really appriciate your openion on which subject to do,,,,,

Hi there

It is good to hear that you are already considering your future choices. :smile:

I would recommend researching some University course requirements (e.g. courses they recommend doing). Mathematics may be a good option, however, you need to consider what grades you are likely to achieve as Universities have different entry requirements.

Hope this helps.
Chloe
-University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest