The Student Room Group

how do i stop being socially ******ed

im 17 and socially awkward, i barely talk because i dont know what to say to people. ive just started y13 and still have no friends. how do i fix this
Reply 1
Original post by turbo mogger
im 17 and socially awkward, i barely talk because i dont know what to say to people. ive just started y13 and still have no friends. how do i fix this

You are not socially awkward. You are 17 and don't have much experience of talking to people. So now you have no excuse to get better at talking to people just go for it. Ask people how their weekend was and if they did anything nice. And that is enough. And as you get more confident, listen to what they say and ask follow up questions for more detail.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by turbo mogger

I'm kinda similar but not really, I'm not socially awkward but I have social anxiety which is so bad that I can't even attend assemblies because I start having a panic attack. Trust me it gets better, just pretend like you don't have anxiety ik it's obviously easer said than done but that's all you gotta do. Once you do it, you'll get used to it and realise it was never that deep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending