The Student Room Group

I literally hate A-LEVELS.

I just can't. I wan't bad at GCSEs and i know A-Levels are a different ball park, but I feel like I'm not really enjoying any of my lessons and I just feel like everybody already knows what they want to do an uni and what supercurriculars they're doing and I just feel so lost... I have no idea what I want to do, I don't think I love my subjects, I can't manage the workload and I feel so stupid now. I know it's all my fault but I just have lost any passion or motivation I may have had at gcse. I used to love school and be good at it but now...
Reply 1
Original post by KindPenguin
I just can't. I wan't bad at GCSEs and i know A-Levels are a different ball park, but I feel like I'm not really enjoying any of my lessons and I just feel like everybody already knows what they want to do an uni and what supercurriculars they're doing and I just feel so lost... I have no idea what I want to do, I don't think I love my subjects, I can't manage the workload and I feel so stupid now. I know it's all my fault but I just have lost any passion or motivation I may have had at gcse. I used to love school and be good at it but now...

don't compare yourself to others because you are at a different level to them! some people know what they want to do but that doesn't mean that they might not change their mind in the future and same goes for you.

You may feel lost now and you may feel really stressed because of it but i promise you eventually you will find something that you want to do or that you find interest in, but you have to do your research and see your opportunities that you have. You have the advantage of using the internet to find things and to help you so use it!!
> look at YouTube videos about a particular job or subject or a course which could peak your interest
> you could maybe watch TED talks or podcasts that talk about topics or subjects you might be interested in
> look at tips that year 13's give to year 12's because something they say could help you
> if you can talk to a teacher or anyone who is knowledgeable to help you

also, i'm a year 12 student as well! i'm still not sure myself either about what i want to do in the future and i'm struggling too with my subjects but i always try to have a positive mindset and do what i can and use the help around me as much as possible. Remember that there are many people who are in your situation and you are not alone i promise :wink: good luck to you!! i hope things work out!

Quick Reply

Latest