The Student Room Group

Flat shoes on a night out?

Is it possible to wear flat shoes to a trendy club and still look good? I know that heels look a lot nicer, but I like spending time dancing and not just hobbling around and ruining it for everyone else moaning about my feet. :smile:

So, what would you wear flat shoes with? The only combination I came up with so far is a denim skirt with Uggs.

I refuse to wear skinny jeans so that's out. Maybe really nice cut jeans and sparkly flat shoes, and concentrate more on the top?

Scroll to see replies

I wear flat shoes quite a lot. I tend to stick to black pump type things, they go with anything. I just wear skirts/dresses with black tights usually. I wouldn't personally wear Uggs to a club if I'm honest, but whatever you think.

Depends how good your legs are really, I like my legs so don't mind wearing short things with flat shoes. There are some people who really should stick to heels though, so it just depends how confident you are.
Reply 2
Yes, nice pumps and skinnies/miniskirt/dress. I'd rather enjoy my night than hobble and limp. Uggs are a bit odd for clubwear.

Why wouldn't one look good in flats and a miniskirt?
Reply 3
Ballet pumps, definitely. You can get really cute ones too, and you'll find it - I imagine - harder to dance in Uggs. You'd get really hot, etc.
Reply 4
New...Romantic
I wear flat shoes quite a lot. I tend to stick to black pump type things, they go with anything. I just wear skirts/dresses with black tights usually. I wouldn't personally wear Uggs to a club if I'm honest, but whatever you think.

Depends how good your legs are really, I like my legs so don't mind wearing short things with flat shoes. There are some people who really should stick to heels though, so it just depends how confident you are.

I really like my legs but just have this notion that they look better in heels. Never really liked the look of myself in pumps and a short skirt! Maybe city shorts...
alenax
I really like my legs but just have this notion that they look better in heels. Never really liked the look of myself in pumps and a short skirt! Maybe city shorts...

if you have nice ankles you can get away with pretty much anything
Reply 6
I sometimes wear flat black leather boots clubbing...they're pretty smart and stylish, and my feet don't hurt afterwards!!
Reply 7
alenax

So, what would you wear flat shoes with? The only combination I came up with so far is a denim skirt with Uggs.

uggs!??!
um
probably ballet flats with anything. even though im pretty short i rarely wear heels. people never see your feet in clubs so i dont think its worth it most of the time. a lot of people where i go wear hi top trainers. girls as well as boys
alenax

I know what you mean, I prefer my legs in heels and I always think I look better when I'm wearing them. Sometimes it's just not worth it though.

I'm not keen on city shorts, mainly cos I'm short and they make my legs look stumpy. Might be ok on you though, if you're tall? Short skirts make me look taller so I wear them a lot, and opaque black tights are slimming on thighs if that's what worries you. Although judging by your picture your legs are fine.
Reply 9
Flat pumps with pointy toes are prob the only flat shoes which can look good IMO!
Reply 10
flats, tights and a nice dress?
I'd say uggs are no-no for a proper club, but ok for a bar. Flats are great on a night out and you can get some really luxe pairs from zara, topshop etc.
Definitely not Uggs, but flat pumps are fine. If I'm wearing skinny jeans, I wear my flat black ankle boots, which means I can dance for longer, but also have a big of protection from stompy-heel-wearing bitches. That's why I'm scared to wear flats to clubs- because they make you vulnerable to stomping feet, and incapable of fighting back.
As others have said, I wouldn't wear uggs to a club...
Personally I don't usually wear flats either, but that's because I have a pair of black heels which I have worn so many times that they don't hurt my feet at all and feel like flats (but look nicer haha). Heels don't always have to be painful...
But yeah some cute pumps can look nice with a skirt/dress or jeans!
dollies!!
Reply 15
Georgiahoneybee
I don't usually wear flats either, but that's because I have a pair of black heels which I have worn so many times that they don't hurt my feet at all and feel like flats (but look nicer haha).

:ditto:
Reply 16
just wear them with a dress
i do
its better to be comfy.
in flats im fine but heels they rub and everythin it ruins the night.
i do think heels make you looks better and give you better posture but it doesnt make that much difference
no one is really lookin at ur shoes anyway
Wouldn't wear Uggs tbh.

I try and alternate flats and heels. OR! Bring a bigger bag and put some flats in there for walking home in!

I wear them with a dress or a skirt and tights.
Reply 18
I'm quite tall so sometimes I will wear flats out depending on where we are going! I have brought some really nice flats so that they can be dressed up and still look as nice with the same effect as heels xx
Reply 19
a dress / skirt with some coloured tights and flats would look nice.

Latest