The Student Room Group

8 weeks since masters application and no response

I applied 8 weeks ago for 2 masters courses at the same uni. I know I applied later than most do but it’s been 8 weeks with no response and the wait is killing me. I emailed a couple days ago if the uni had an update on my application but they haven’t gotten back to me yet there either. Has anyone else had to wait this long or is it normal?
Reply 1
Original post by Octoberly
I applied 8 weeks ago for 2 masters courses at the same uni. I know I applied later than most do but it’s been 8 weeks with no response and the wait is killing me. I emailed a couple days ago if the uni had an update on my application but they haven’t gotten back to me yet there either. Has anyone else had to wait this long or is it normal?

Oh 100% I applied in September when ucas opened did not get a response until April. Keep waiting ! X
Reply 2
Original post by Momo1998
Oh 100% I applied in September when ucas opened did not get a response until April. Keep waiting ! X

Crazy you had to wait that long! But ty for replying. My nerves are a little more settled now 😅
Reply 3
Crazy you had to wait that long! But ty for replying. My nerves are a little more settled now 😅

My undergrad advisor told me the unis will always favor and put their undergrads first and the masters applications get put aside in some pile! XD

Hey!
I understand how stressful and anxious the waiting period can be when you're eagerly awaiting a response from the university regarding your application. While I don't have access to specific information about your application or the admission process at your university, I can offer some general insights.

The response time for applications can vary depending on the university and the specific program you have applied for. Some universities may provide decisions within a few weeks, while others may take longer, especially if they receive a large number of applications or have a more complex selection process.

It's important to remember that universities receive numerous applications and need to carefully review each one to make informed decisions. This process can take time, especially if the admission committee is evaluating multiple factors such as academic qualifications, recommendation letters, personal statements, and other relevant criteria.

While waiting for a response, it's completely understandable to feel anxious. However, keep in mind that universities often have a specific timeline for sending out decisions, and it's not unusual for the process to take several weeks or even longer.

If you haven't heard back after a reasonable amount of time, it's a good idea to follow up with the university, as you mentioned you already did. However, keep in mind that universities receive many inquiries, so it may take some time for them to respond to individual emails. You can try reaching out again, ensuring that your email is polite and concise, and expressing your continued interest in the program.

In the meantime, it can be helpful to focus on other activities or applications to keep yourself occupied. Remember that the admissions process is just one aspect of your academic journey, and there are many opportunities awaiting you. Stay positive and patient, and I hope you receive a positive response from the university soon!

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
University of Southampton
hey! have u received a response yet? I am in the same situation. it's been 9+ weeks now since I applied and my application hasn't moved past 'received'... emailed to ask but just been told to wait. getting worried bc I'll need to make a decision for another university soon.
Reply 6
Original post by profblumenduft
hey! have u received a response yet? I am in the same situation. it's been 9+ weeks now since I applied and my application hasn't moved past 'received'... emailed to ask but just been told to wait. getting worried bc I'll need to make a decision for another university soon.

I got a response to one application last week but nothing from the other yet : /
The uni admission team finally got back to me and today let me know they would look into it 😅
that's crazy. can I ask who u emailed? Because, as mentioned, they don't seem to bother even looking into mine lol They really need to employ more admission staff ahah. Hope u hear back from them soon tho!
I got a response to one application last week but nothing from the other yet : /
The uni admission team finally got back to me and today let me know they would look into it 😅
Reply 8
Original post by profblumenduft
that's crazy. can I ask who u emailed? Because, as mentioned, they don't seem to bother even looking into mine lol They really need to employ more admission staff ahah. Hope u hear back from them soon tho!

I emailed the admissions team. They did take a long time to get back to me but I’m guessing it’s because they’re prioritising undergrad applications atm. I hope you get an answer soon! 😅
Reply 9
If you want a faster answer it may be worth calling your unis admission team rather than emailing? Then at least you can get some kind of update to settle your mind : )
That's fair! Yea, I emailed my admission's team but ig it's just different with different schools. I may call them tmrw. Cheers and best of luck for ya!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending