The Student Room Group

2024 entry medicine unis - contextual

I recently sat my ucat with a score of 2820 b2. My GCSEs are 99999888887 and I am predicted A*AA but hopefully A*A*A. I live in a polar quintile 1 area, so does that mean I will automatically be considered as contextual for all the unis I apply to? Especially for university of birmingham I am not too sure with because I read that you need to be from a contextual school or have been in reciept of FSM in secondary education to be considered for the contextual element- neither of which apply to me. But because I still live in a polar quintile 1 area, will I still be given a score for the contextual element or not? Do you think I have a good chance of getting an interview for med at birmingham? Thanks!
Every uni has it's own criteria for contextual offers. So you might qualify at one but not another. Often they'll have an online checker so you can check your status before you apply.
Reply 2
Original post by ilovemaths28
I recently sat my ucat with a score of 2820 b2. My GCSEs are 99999888887 and I am predicted A*AA but hopefully A*A*A. I live in a polar quintile 1 area, so does that mean I will automatically be considered as contextual for all the unis I apply to? Especially for university of birmingham I am not too sure with because I read that you need to be from a contextual school or have been in reciept of FSM in secondary education to be considered for the contextual element- neither of which apply to me. But because I still live in a polar quintile 1 area, will I still be given a score for the contextual element or not? Do you think I have a good chance of getting an interview for med at birmingham? Thanks!

As it says on their website
"Applicants must have attended a contextual school or have been in receipt of free school meals (FSM) during their secondary education to receive a score for this element."
https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/medical-school/applying-to-medicine/selection-for-interview.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending