The Student Room Group

Applying to do top unis for law with low GCSE’s

Hi I’m looking to apply to exeter, nottingham, Warwick, LSE or KCL, and bristol for law. My predicted grades are A*AB, and my GCSE’s consist of 55444, Distinction, Distinction and Distinction* (Maths is a 4 and english language 5).

Some background information about me is that I live in an under performing neighbourhoods, as well as poor performing school. I also have been a FSM recipient my whole life, as well had no parent attend university. I also happen to be care experienced for 3 years and found out I was dyslexic after I sat my GCSE’s meaning I had no support during GCSES.

Furthermore, I have a guaranteed offer from exeter as well as I participated in pathways to law at warwick university through sutton trust which gives me a contextual offer at warwick and LSE. Furthermore I also participated in a widening participation program with LSE called springboard.

With all this in context how likely would I be to receive uni offers as well as would you recommend me apply to LSE or KCL.
It sounds like you've been though a lot, but have an amazing set of grades regardless :smile:
I would check those unis to see if they require maths and English to be at grade 6 for GCSE- I know Exeter and Bristol do not, but I would double check the others.

If they do require those GCSE grades, then it might be worth getting in contact with the uni before applying as you may have extenuating circumstances due to the fact that you had an undiagnosed condition? I'm not sure whether that would be considered extenuating circumstances or not, so it's worth finding out.

Also consider the fact that some of the unis you've listed require the LNAT, so part of you potentially getting an offer does depend on how you perform in the LNAT
I'd say you have a very good shot at Exeter, Nottingham and Warwick. KCL would be more difficult, and LSE especially cares about GCSE grades, but you still have a chance considering your circumstances. Do as best as you can in the LNAT. That will be a very big determiner

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending