The Student Room Group

UCAS reference

I am an independent applicant. My tutor is writing my reference as my school has said they cannot do it, even though they have promised, so this is very last minute. My tutor has never written a UCAS reference before, and they are also attaching my predicted grade for an A level i am studying during my gap year. What can my tutor do? Im worried this will affect my application to unis as they care about the quality of references.
Original post by Hiim
I am an independent applicant. My tutor is writing my reference as my school has said they cannot do it, even though they have promised, so this is very last minute. My tutor has never written a UCAS reference before, and they are also attaching my predicted grade for an A level i am studying during my gap year. What can my tutor do? Im worried this will affect my application to unis as they care about the quality of references.

Have your tutor read the following page, it explains what is needed:

https://www.ucas.com/advisers/help-and-training/guides-resources-and-training/writing-references/changes-undergraduate-references-2024-entry

Typically the reference is of relatively low value, it just needs to be broadly positive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending