The Student Room Group

My college won't let me apply for Oxford

With the Oxford deadline coming up, I've been approaching my form tutor regularly to remind her about my deadline and she said everything is on track.
However, I had to take around 2 weeks off in order to recover from a major personal health problem (involuntary medical leave) and only managed to return to college today.

My side of the UCAS application is completed and I just need their reference, however I take a BTEC (equivalent to 3 A-Levels) and an A-Level, but they told me today they're going to pull me from my A-Level due to my health and the workload they think it'll put on me, and delay sending my applicaton off, however I need to take my A-Level in order to apply to Oxford at all.

The deadline is Monday, and currently I've been told a "Lets see on Monday morning", and its been made clear that they're most likely not going to submit a reference, predicted grades, or my UCAS application at all until a closer date to the January deadline.

Is there a way I can go over their heads and submit my application without them needing to do anything?
sorry I can't help but I'll bump the thread 😁
hope it goes well for you!
Original post by Rowanthepotato
With the Oxford deadline coming up, I've been approaching my form tutor regularly to remind her about my deadline and she said everything is on track.
However, I had to take around 2 weeks off in order to recover from a major personal health problem (involuntary medical leave) and only managed to return to college today.

My side of the UCAS application is completed and I just need their reference, however I take a BTEC (equivalent to 3 A-Levels) and an A-Level, but they told me today they're going to pull me from my A-Level due to my health and the workload they think it'll put on me, and delay sending my applicaton off, however I need to take my A-Level in order to apply to Oxford at all.

The deadline is Monday, and currently I've been told a "Lets see on Monday morning", and its been made clear that they're most likely not going to submit a reference, predicted grades, or my UCAS application at all until a closer date to the January deadline.

Is there a way I can go over their heads and submit my application without them needing to do anything?

Do you think your head of year could do anything or are they telling you to do this? Is there anyone in charge of UCAS that you could speak to? Get your parents to send an email if they're just waiting around. I dont see why they're doing this, theres no point and it only puts more stress on you. I'm sorry but other than that, idrk how to help :frown:
If you’ve started the app with a buzzword, you’d need to call UCAS to unlink it and send the app independently. You’d still need to nominate a ref though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending