The Student Room Group

Any negatives of Christ's college?

Why shouldn't I apply to Christ's. It seem almost flawless to me.
Reply 1
Original post by N1.GOAT

Daughter has friends their who really like it, although in fairness almost everyone seems to fall in love with the college they go to. Chris is an old central town college, so might be slightly more difficult to get into than the others, but worth a shot if you like it.
Original post by N1.GOAT

It has a reputation as being quite intense and having a very competitive environment, which may be a pro or a con depending on the student.
Reply 3
Original post by melancollege
It has a reputation as being quite intense and having a very competitive environment, which may be a pro or a con depending on the student.

My problem is that I often don't put in enough work. Will this pushiness benefit me then?
Original post by N1.GOAT
My problem is that I often don't put in enough work. Will this pushiness benefit me then?

I can't really say. I'm worse in a pushy environment but some people find it helpful
Reply 5
I can't really say. I'm worse in a pushy environment but some people find it helpful

Ok thank you. Do you have any personal recommendations for colleges and why?
Original post by N1.GOAT
Ok thank you. Do you have any personal recommendations for colleges and why?

I liked (and hence chose) Sidney but it depends what you're looking for
Reply 7
I liked (and hence chose) Sidney but it depends what you're looking for

My top priorities are accommodation and sports facilities. A reasonable kitchen and reasonable location are important, but history, aesthetic and tompkins ranking are unimportant.
Original post by N1.GOAT
My top priorities are accommodation and sports facilities. A reasonable kitchen and reasonable location are important, but history, aesthetic and tompkins ranking are unimportant.

Just based on those, I'd recommend checking out Downing. Famously good (but on the pricier end) accommodation, I think with kitchens (?). Their website seems to suggest they have good sports facilities but I'm not at all sporty so I have no idea about sporting facilities for any colleges really. It's in a fairly good location, less than a ten minutes walk from the city centre. I know you said it's not important but it's also fairly nice looking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending