The Student Room Group

Changing course at Oxford

I began my Modern Langages (French and Russian) course at Christ Church in Michaelmas 2022, and two weeks later I asked to suspend my studies because of quite serious personal issues. I spent a year thinking and realised my heart is no longer in the course, I want to change course - keep French and switch from Russian to Persian. Is it at all possible to do that at a university as strict as Oxford and especially at such a hardcore college? If so, how would I go about it?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Sunningdalian
I began my Modern Langages (French and Russian) course at Christ Church in Michaelmas 2022, and two weeks later I asked to suspend my studies because of quite serious personal issues. I spent a year thinking and realised my heart is no longer in the course, I want to change course - keep French and switch from Russian to Persian. Is it at all possible to do that at a university as strict as Oxford and especially at such a hardcore college? If so, how would I go about it?

I would begin by speaking to the modern languages course administrator, your ChCh tutor and the Christ Church College Office. Sometimes its straightforward, but it varies by course and College. You may want to check whether you would be able to re-take the first year. This should probably be ok if you suspended your course after two weeks.
Reply 2
Original post by Sunningdalian

I'd certainly be raising this with your college French tutor asap. Would this involve changing to EMEL? Your French would still be taught at Christ Church but I guess your Persian out of college. It all depends on the availability of the teaching and that the tutors are agreeable. You might need to be interviewed afresh, especially re your new interest in Persian.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending