The Student Room Group

Aerospace systems engineering

Currently I am looking at universities however I am torn between swansea and coventry university. I have already seen coventry as my college have arranged days to go to events there and I really like the look of the course which I've been looking at. However, compared to swansea, cov is aerospace systems where as swansea is just aerospace and I was wondering whether or not I would cover the same subjects and syllabus for both or if one is significantly different in terms of what is taught as for both it states it has aerodynamics but is the content going to be vastly different or virtually the same.

Currently I very much favour Coventry Uni
Original post by b.ship22
Currently I am looking at universities however I am torn between swansea and coventry university. I have already seen coventry as my college have arranged days to go to events there and I really like the look of the course which I've been looking at. However, compared to swansea, cov is aerospace systems where as swansea is just aerospace and I was wondering whether or not I would cover the same subjects and syllabus for both or if one is significantly different in terms of what is taught as for both it states it has aerodynamics but is the content going to be vastly different or virtually the same.

Currently I very much favour Coventry Uni

Hi @b.ship22

Seems like a tough decision to make!

What I would suggest, which you might have done already, is having a closer look at what modules you will study each year. You can usually find this on the university website. Once you find your course page make a note of all the modules and then compare them. If you want more information about a specific module it is worth getting the contact details of the faculty to see if it is possible to talk to a lecturer who teaches on the course.

You mentioned you have already looked around Coventry University so I am assuming you might not have had the chance to look around Swansea University. I would definitely recommend arranging a visit if it is possible, to get a feel for the university and the city, as this may have a huge influence on your final decision too.

Best of luck!
Anastasia:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @b.ship22

Seems like a tough decision to make!

What I would suggest, which you might have done already, is having a closer look at what modules you will study each year. You can usually find this on the university website. Once you find your course page make a note of all the modules and then compare them. If you want more information about a specific module it is worth getting the contact details of the faculty to see if it is possible to talk to a lecturer who teaches on the course.

You mentioned you have already looked around Coventry University so I am assuming you might not have had the chance to look around Swansea University. I would definitely recommend arranging a visit if it is possible, to get a feel for the university and the city, as this may have a huge influence on your final decision too.

Best of luck!
Anastasia:smile:

Hi, thank you.

My only issue is that oventry don't post their module details on their website from what I have found.

Thank you for the help
Original post by b.ship22
Hi, thank you.

My only issue is that oventry don't post their module details on their website from what I have found.

Thank you for the help

Hi @b.ship22

I have just had a look at the Aerospace Systems Engineering course on Coventry Uni website and under the section "What you'll study" I can see the modules covered in each year, along with a brief description.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for?

Thanks
Ana
BCU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest