The Student Room Group

TMUA format

Basically, I am taking the TMUA next week and actually have no idea what the format is like - I know its a multichoice but is it computer-based? like an online test or do you write your answer on a piece of paper? I have a feeling its computer-based so how would you do your working, are you able to bring in a book to put your working in or are you provided with this on arrival.
Reply 1
Original post by clarabob
Basically, I am taking the TMUA next week and actually have no idea what the format is like - I know its a multichoice but is it computer-based? like an online test or do you write your answer on a piece of paper? I have a feeling its computer-based so how would you do your working, are you able to bring in a book to put your working in or are you provided with this on arrival.

I have received an email from my school stating that it is paper-based. There will be a question paper and a corresponding answer booklet which we choose our answers in. The tests are marked simply based on what your final answer was, there is no marks for working. I am not sure, however, if all schools are following the same paper-based format so its best to confirm with your school.
Reply 2
Original post by MehulChourasia
I have received an email from my school stating that it is paper-based. There will be a question paper and a corresponding answer booklet which we choose our answers in. The tests are marked simply based on what your final answer was, there is no marks for working. I am not sure, however, if all schools are following the same paper-based format so its best to confirm with your school.

my school haven't told me (so I'm assuming it's paper based for me as they never do things online). do you know what equiptment we are allowed? i can only find that we aren't allowed to use( calculators or dictionaries and the usual ) but nothing about different colours of pens, compasses, tracing paper e.t.c.

Quick Reply

Latest