The Student Room Group

Laptop speakers not working!

Hey guys,

I tried to play this YouTube video but my speakers do not work.

I suggest that you turn up your speakers too full volume for maximum effect to check your speakers work too. :smile:

I have checked that the volume is up on my speakers and on Google Chrome. I can get sound our of my headphones when I plug them into my computer but not my computer.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Check for driver updates.

Also fair warning for anyone else clicking the link, do not turn your speakers up as it's extremely loud music, which I suspect was the purpose of this post rather than actually seeking help for a genuine issue.
Reply 2
Device Manager should avail you of the problem.
Original post by gjd800
Device Manager should avail you of the problem.

I will have a check of this thanks

Original post by artful_lounger
Check for driver updates.

Thank you I will try this
Reply 4
Check to make sure your audio devices aren't muted and haven't been disabled. Select and hold (or right-click) the Speakers icon on the taskbar, and then select Open Volume mixer. Note: If you don't see Speakers displayed, it may be in the overflow area. Select Show hidden icons to check there.
Original post by Jameswalter
Check to make sure your audio devices aren't muted and haven't been disabled. Select and hold (or right-click) the Speakers icon on the taskbar, and then select Open Volume mixer. Note: If you don't see Speakers displayed, it may be in the overflow area. Select Show hidden icons to check there.

This did not work. Did you check the YouTube video to see if there was something wrong with video playback?
Reply 6
Connect your speakers to another device (e.g., smartphone, tablet, another computer) to verify if they are functioning properly. This will help determine if the issue lies with the speakers themselves.
Original post by DineshY
Connect your speakers to another device (e.g., smartphone, tablet, another computer) to verify if they are functioning properly. This will help determine if the issue lies with the speakers themselves.

This still did not work :mad:. Did you watch the YouTube video to see if that is the problem?
Original post by Thisismyunitsr
Hey guys,

I tried to play this YouTube video but my speakers do not work.

I suggest that you turn up your speakers too full volume for maximum effect to check your speakers work too. :smile:

I have checked that the volume is up on my speakers and on Google Chrome. I can get sound our of my headphones when I plug them into my computer but not my computer.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Original post by Thisismyunitsr
This still did not work :mad:. Did you watch the YouTube video to see if that is the problem?

You already said that you could hear the sound with headphones so it's obviously not the video and you know it. People have given you advice which should have worked, assuming your issue is even real. You are clearly desperate for people to follow the link for some reason but I don't think anyone is going to fall for it so may as well just quit it already.
Original post by spill_the_tea
You already said that you could hear the sound with headphones so it's obviously not the video and you know it. People have given you advice which should have worked, assuming your issue is even real. You are clearly desperate for people to follow the link for some reason but I don't think anyone is going to fall for it so may as well just quit it already.

Maybe my computer is broken :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending