The Student Room Group

Given wrong student loan account

Hey, so basically I applied for my student loan back in May but I didn’t put my household income down. I sent off the PF2 form in September and finally got the confirmation I would receive it today 13/10 after weeks of calling for any updates. However I’ve been awarded a very low amount, my brother is receiving 9k and I’m only getting 6k. I check my bank account and only received 2.1k??? I have a disability and have received DSE, and studying in London. Is that the reason? I have rent to pay and it doesn’t even cover that. I received another email saying I may be entitled to additional maintenance loan and I need to send any benefits I’ll receive whilst studying. However I’m confused because I don’t have any, unless they are talking about household inwhich I have a younger sibling with a chronic condition so she receives PIP. The only thing I get is DSE from SFE. I need to get this sorted ASAP

ALSO, with my DSE. Am I entitled to extra money on-top of my original loan?

Thank you
Original post by Nickilove20
Hey, so basically I applied for my student loan back in May but I didn’t put my household income down. I sent off the PF2 form in September and finally got the confirmation I would receive it today 13/10 after weeks of calling for any updates. However I’ve been awarded a very low amount, my brother is receiving 9k and I’m only getting 6k. I check my bank account and only received 2.1k??? I have a disability and have received DSE, and studying in London. Is that the reason? I have rent to pay and it doesn’t even cover that. I received another email saying I may be entitled to additional maintenance loan and I need to send any benefits I’ll receive whilst studying. However I’m confused because I don’t have any, unless they are talking about household inwhich I have a younger sibling with a chronic condition so she receives PIP. The only thing I get is DSE from SFE. I need to get this sorted ASAP

ALSO, with my DSE. Am I entitled to extra money on-top of my original loan?

Thank you

Hi there,

Are you living at home while you study? Is your brother living away from home?

Normally, getting DSA won't change your Maintenance Loan entitlement.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending