The Student Room Group

Newnham College Cambridge 2024 offer-holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous #7
im so nervous for my interview tomorrow!!!!!

How was your interview ? I had mine too don't know what to predictm
Had my interview this Monday for History and politics! I think ill be let down by the HAA though...
Original post by Anonymous #3
Has anyone applied for Law? So excited to be on the thread! :smile:

So did I! Did you have an interview?
Original post by SomberTexas
So did I! Did you have an interview?

Yes I did - how did you find it? I found the first much better than the second but I would rate both a tentative ok...
Yes I did - how did you find it? I found the first much better than the second but I would rate both a tentative ok...

I really don't know though - it's so hard to tell how they went. I'm very nervous for the 24th as I have no idea what to expect

They went okayy… but still I don’t know 😭 I felt like my second interview was more of a curveball like I had no expectation that the stuff discussed would've actually come up in the interview. I felt like I tried my best so all I can do is wait!!
I really don't know though - it's so hard to tell how they went. I'm very nervous for the 24th as I have no idea what to expect

Is the 24th the definite results date?? I thought it was the 25th?
Reply 27
Any medicine applicants here?
Hi, current Newnham student here, went through all this last year! Best of luck to you all!
Has anyone got an offer for Law at Newnham?
Original post by styx99
Hi ! I'm currently working on my application for the MPhil in Politics and International Studies, and I'm still not sure on my college preferences. I heard great things about Newnham, and I find it absolutely beautiful, but I'm a little worried about the fact that it's all-women and if I would come to regret not going to a mixte college... What do you think about this ? How is the ambiance ?

I'm also an international student, so do you know if there's a big international community in Newnham ? How are the societies ?

How is the accommodation, do you like it ? Do you also think that it would be a good choice of a college for someone doing politics/IR ?

Sorry for all these questions, and thank you :smile:

Hi! I’m an undergrad so I can only answer from my perspective but I hope this is helpful!

I love that Newnham is all women but I also understand that people feel differently about it. I think it’s slightly different at postgrad because there’s more mixing with other postgrads in your subject, so I don’t think it would really make a big difference. If you’re a moderately social person, I’m sure you’d be in loads of mixed environments. Your college is mainly just for living, food, and your immediate community.

Newnham, I think largely because it is all women, has a really warm and friendly environment that is really welcoming. I’ve only been here 10 weeks of term (9 last term and one this one) but I have made friends for life.

My understanding is that there is a sizeable international community. There are a couple of international students in my flat and there’s a dedicated international officer on the JCR so I would assume the same exists for the MCR. Postgrads have a beautiful MCR (common room) which is also a big bonus.

There is loads going on in terms of societies. I have met lots of postgrads in sports societies and I think it’s a really vibrant scene.

The accommodation is really great. I know it works differently for postgrads so I can’t speak for that experience, but for undergrads it is relatively affordable, with nice rooms and proper kitchens.

As an undergrad, the politics and IR is done really well. There are interesting academics at Newnham who do it and I also think it’s nice to be in an all women’s environment to learn such a historically male dominated subject.

I hope that helps. I can’t speak for postgrads as I don’t know what their experience is like, but Newnham is beautiful and friendly and I imagine it would be a lovely space to do a Masters.
Reply 31
Hi, I have a pool offer from Newnham- anyone else on here?
Original post by ab29987
Hi, I have a pool offer from Newnham- anyone else on here?

Hi I got an offer for geography! (Not from pool)
I have a Law offer (not from pool)!
Reply 34
Anyone got a pool offer for medicine
Reply 35
Original post by Az83
Anyone got a pool offer for medicine

Me 🙃- did you get a pool medicine offer as wel?
Reply 36
Congrats to everyone- and nice meering you all…Is everyone going to the offerholder days? Do you know if you need to sign up for it?
Original post by ab29987
Me 🙃- did you get a pool medicine offer as wel?

I got a medicine offer too :smile: (not from pool)
Reply 38
Original post by AGenericBookworm
I got a medicine offer too :smile: (not from pool)

That’s so exciting! Nice to meet you!!! I actually can’t wait to see everyone on the open days- like I had to process the all-girls aspect of the college for medicine but it looks so pretty and I am actually really excited now- just got to meet the offer now- it seems like soooo close

PS: I wanted to like all of your comments but for some reason the platform doesn’t let me…
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous #6
Hi I got an offer for geography! (Not from pool)

i got one for geography too! it was from the pool but i didn't realise until now that newnham has a pretty big geography community, which is great

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending