The Student Room Group

Failed my Gcses my life is over!!

Ive never cried so many times in my life in one day honetly i revised sooooo hard i and i manged to only get 4 GCSES in:

Maths
English lang and lit
One science

Ive never seen this day coming i worked so hard honestly im so dissapointed in myself i cant do A levels but literally dont even know what to do my LIFE IS OVER.

I think im going into depression i dont even understand how i can even do this bad when i was literally one of the brighter students in my class
Reply 1
Which grades did you get..?
Reply 2
Original post by fawziya
Which grades did you get..?

i got 4s across all the subjects i did so bad im literally crying rn
Reply 3
Hey,

You can either:

Start A levels but resit your important GCSE exams or retake Year 11 and retake all your GCSEs. It is not the end of the world yet because as long as you get the GCSE grades for your A level subjects, you should be fine.
As far as results go, you got the important ones which is a good starting position to build on if you want.
Hang on, 4 is a pass. Maybe not what you were hoping for, but as you move on to the next stage of your life GCSE results will become less important anyway. Don't forget, you can find out how close you were to a grade boundary and try a review if you were close to a 5. It might feel like the end of the world but really it isn't. You are not alone.
Reply 6
Original post by Lit teacher
Hang on, 4 is a pass. Maybe not what you were hoping for, but as you move on to the next stage of your life GCSE results will become less important anyway. Don't forget, you can find out how close you were to a grade boundary and try a review if you were close to a 5. It might feel like the end of the world but really it isn't. You are not alone.

But i worked so harddd my teachers expected me get 6s and now i only have 4 GCSEs i honestly think im going into depression.
I can understand why you're disappointed. I was in school today and some students hadn't got the results they wanted either. But you've passed. You've got a whole load of GCSEs to your name that you didn't have yesterday. There are lots of options available now. Take your time to think things over and talk to a few people before you decide what to do next. Exam results aren't everything. That may sound strange coming from a teacher, but there are more important things that matter in your life. Who you are is not just measured by a few numbers on a certificate.
Reply 8
i feel so bad for u, hope u get to where u want and u can always retake
Honestly who the **** gives a damn about gcse Well I dont Trust me it dont ****ing matter Your acting like your whole life is over ...like dude why are you letting a goddamn number control your ****ing life Pathetic Get over it School is bull**** and everything you learn there is bull**** You dont even need all that **** in the real world Trust me
Reply 10
Original post by _solitary_
Ive never cried so many times in my life in one day honetly i revised sooooo hard i and i manged to only get 4 GCSES in:

Maths
English lang and lit
One science

Ive never seen this day coming i worked so hard honestly im so dissapointed in myself i cant do A levels but literally dont even know what to do my LIFE IS OVER.

I think im going into depression i dont even understand how i can even do this bad when i was literally one of the brighter students in my class

Hey what are you up to now?
Original post by _solitary_

Maths
English lang and lit
One science

Your life is far from over. You just need to resit the subjects that you failed, that is it. Jack Ma, the founder of Alibaba, a multi billionaire, who repeated his high school year for three consecutive years in order to get a better grade for university entrance. Back then people may have looked down on him, look at him now.
Reply 12
Original post by blade000
Your life is far from over. You just need to resit the subjects that you failed, that is it. Jack Ma, the founder of Alibaba, a multi billionaire, who repeated his high school year for three consecutive years in order to get a better grade for university entrance. Back then people may have looked down on him, look at him now.

Mate this post is 4 years old.

Quick Reply

Latest