The Student Room Group

OCR Made a mistake on my grade

OCR made a mistake on my grade and i got a B, then 2 months later i get a letter saying they made a mistake on marking it and i was supposed to get an A so now they gave me an A, but because of this mistake i couldn't get into university, and now i go into a uni which is 2 hours away because of it, is there anything i can do now or should do ? Because it's impossible commuting 4 hours everyday.
Reply 1
Original post by rakzfn
OCR made a mistake on my grade and i got a B, then 2 months later i get a letter saying they made a mistake on marking it and i was supposed to get an A so now they gave me an A, but because of this mistake i couldn't get into university, and now i go into a uni which is 2 hours away because of it, is there anything i can do now or should do ? Because it's impossible commuting 4 hours everyday.

You could either reapply (which means you might have to start from year 1 university again in September 2024) or try and see if the university you want to go to will allow you to transfer.

If you do reapply, you know that you're applying with achieved grades and so you'll get an unconditional offer, if you get an offer. You can also get the person who's doing your reference to talk about what's happened so that universities know that's the case.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mesub
You could either reapply (which means you might have to start from year 1 university again in September 2024) or try and see if the university you want to go to will allow you to transfer.

If you do reapply, you know that you're applying with achieved grades and so you'll get an unconditional offer, if you get an offer. You can also get the person who's doing your reference to talk about what's happened so that universities know that's the case.

Okay but because of OCR now my whole year got wasted, i cannot waste a whole year just because of a mistake done by OCR, can i not do anything else about it? it's very late now and most unis dont accept, do u think OCR will be able to help me get into a uni themselves since its a mistake on their end?
Reply 3
Original post by rakzfn

Okay but because of OCR now my whole year got wasted, i cannot waste a whole year just because of a mistake done by OCR, can i not do anything else about it? it's very late now and most unis dont accept, do u think OCR will be able to help me get into a uni themselves since its a mistake on their end?

I mean it's always worth trying, but I doubt it.

Quick Reply

Latest