UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

2023/24 Ask a UAL Student

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #2
This is for Teju,

Hi Teju, I've applied for the MA Fashion programs at both LCF and CSM. I recently received an interview invite from CSM, and I'm eagerly awaiting news from LCF.
[start]Do you have any insight into the typical timeline for receiving interview invitations from LCF? And any advice on how I can best prepare for the CSM interview would be greatly appreciated.[/start]
[start]Thank you![/start]

Hey, what MA have you applied for at LCF ?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hey, what MA have you applied for at LCF ?

Hey, I’ve applied for MA Fashion design technology (womenswear)
Original post by Anonymous #2
This is for Teju,

Hi Teju, I've applied for the MA Fashion programs at both LCF and CSM. I recently received an interview invite from CSM, and I'm eagerly awaiting news from LCF.
[start]Do you have any insight into the typical timeline for receiving interview invitations from LCF? And any advice on how I can best prepare for the CSM interview would be greatly appreciated.[/start]
[start]Thank you![/start]

Hi @Anonymous # 2

Congratulations on getting your interview invite. That's such exciting news!!

For your first question, there is no typical timeline that I could recommend relying on. With the number of applications and the amount of time that goes into looking through each of them, the timeline can vary a lot. Nonetheless, as you have applied in the first round of applications, you are bound to receive a response by March. So, fingers crossed you will get an invite call soon. Saying that, incase you don't get any sort of response in March, that means they will be looking at your application again in the second round.

Yes, I would recommend focussing all your energy in preparing for the CSM interview.

The interview is not a formal job interview, so don't be nervous. They have already seen your work and the interview is about getting to know the person behind the work. What drives you, motivates you and inspires you.

Questions could be about your portfolio, your ideas and what you envision yourself doing during the course. The designers you like, why you like, a fashion house you would want to work for and why, a designer who might make it big in the coming years according to you, maybe some questions about the business of fashion. Anything you saw recently that inspired you, maybe an exhibition even.

Questions could also be around wether you understand to some extent what a post-graduate study curriculum entails. Majorly, because at this level the focus is on developing concepts, theories, conducting thorough research, questioning a lot of things around us etc.

How do you see yourself as an individual developing and what role do you think this course will play in that? How do you envision your personal practice as a designer to grow?

Of course these are all just some basic ideas to get you started, but the questions in the interview will be things you will already know. It is about you.

The interview is an opportunity for both you and the course leader to understand if both parties are the right fit for each other.

Please do reach out with any more questions and best of luck for your interview!

Best,
Teju
Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps
Hi @Anonymous # 2

Congratulations on getting your interview invite. That's such exciting news!!

For your first question, there is no typical timeline that I could recommend relying on. With the number of applications and the amount of time that goes into looking through each of them, the timeline can vary a lot. Nonetheless, as you have applied in the first round of applications, you are bound to receive a response by March. So, fingers crossed you will get an invite call soon. Saying that, incase you don't get any sort of response in March, that means they will be looking at your application again in the second round.

Yes, I would recommend focussing all your energy in preparing for the CSM interview.

The interview is not a formal job interview, so don't be nervous. They have already seen your work and the interview is about getting to know the person behind the work. What drives you, motivates you and inspires you.

Questions could be about your portfolio, your ideas and what you envision yourself doing during the course. The designers you like, why you like, a fashion house you would want to work for and why, a designer who might make it big in the coming years according to you, maybe some questions about the business of fashion. Anything you saw recently that inspired you, maybe an exhibition even.

Questions could also be around wether you understand to some extent what a post-graduate study curriculum entails. Majorly, because at this level the focus is on developing concepts, theories, conducting thorough research, questioning a lot of things around us etc.

How do you see yourself as an individual developing and what role do you think this course will play in that? How do you envision your personal practice as a designer to grow?

Of course these are all just some basic ideas to get you started, but the questions in the interview will be things you will already know. It is about you.

The interview is an opportunity for both you and the course leader to understand if both parties are the right fit for each other.

Please do reach out with any more questions and best of luck for your interview!

Best,
Teju

THANK-YOU SO MUCH Tejuu for the information and taking out time to write it all. I will follow the points you’ve mentioned! Thank you againnn 🌸🌸🌸🌸
Anyone heard back from Msc Cosmetic sciences from LCF
This thread has been really helpful to read through, so thank you to the student ambassadors for your help!

I've applied to LCC for BA Interaction Design Arts and sent my portfolio on Feb 8th. You mentioned that we'll hear back in March, does that mean invites for interviews are done in March, or offers are sent out? Thank you for your help, like anyone the waiting process is nervewrecking and I can't wait to hear back from them
Hi, I just got an invite letter for interview at Chelsea and Camberwell college. I was wondering that does every people who get interview will be accepted ? if not, How many percent that ppl who got an interview will be accepted?
Thanks !!
Original post by nutpisoot123
Hi, I just got an invite letter for interview at Chelsea and Camberwell college. I was wondering that does every people who get interview will be accepted ? if not, How many percent that ppl who got an interview will be accepted?
Thanks !!

Hi @nutpisoot123

Congratulations on getting your interview calls! That's so exciting!

It is not true that everyone who gets an interview call gets accepted into the applied course. The decision is based on all your application elements.
There is no standard percentage of people accepted, it varies everytime.

Please do reach out incase you have any interview prep questions. i'm sure you'll do wonderfully.

Best of Luck!
Tejaswini
UAL Ambassador
Hi @nutpisoot123

It is not true that everyone who gets an interview call gets accepted into the applied course. The decision is based on all your application elements.

Please do reach out incase you have any interview prep questions. i'm sure you'll do wonderfully.

Best of Luck!
Tejaswini
UAL Ambassador

Hi,
When should I expect to hear back about my application to LCC? I submitted everything a couple weeks ago but I’m wondering whether I should email to ask if they have received my application or not - I’m not sure when I should expect to hear back about an interview
Hi @nutpisoot123

Best of Luck!
Tejaswini
UAL Ambassador

Hi Tejaswini,

Do you know if at LCF they ask to submit the portfolio only to those who passed the first "phase" which is personal statement/ research proposal or if they ask automatically to everybody and then assess the application entirely. Thank you!
Original post by pinkapoppy
This thread has been really helpful to read through, so thank you to the student ambassadors for your help!

I've applied to LCC for BA Interaction Design Arts and sent my portfolio on Feb 8th. You mentioned that we'll hear back in March, does that mean invites for interviews are done in March, or offers are sent out? Thank you for your help, like anyone the waiting process is nervewrecking and I can't wait to hear back from them

Hi @pinkapoppy

I completely understand how nerve-wrecking this time is but I assure you it is all worth it.

The March timeline was for post-graduate applications.

For undergraduate applications if you applied before the 31st of January, the very latest you will hear from UAL is the 16th of May. If you applied after this date, the latest date you will hear on is the 17th of July. However it is much likely to be earlier.

I hope this clarifies things.

Please do reach out with any more queries and best of luck!

Best,
Teju
Hi Tejaswini,

Do you know if at LCF they ask to submit the portfolio only to those who passed the first "phase" which is personal statement/ research proposal or if they ask automatically to everybody and then assess the application entirely. Thank you!

Hi @Anonymous # 3

All applicants are requested to share their portfolio and any other tasks and then assess the application as a whole!

Best,
Tejaswini
Original post by University of the Arts London
Hello and welcome to our Ask a UAL Student Ambassador thread!

Whether you’ve received a place, already applied, or are thinking about applying to UAL, post any questions you have here and our Student Ambassadors will do their best to answer .

A little intro to our Ambassadors currently running this thread:

Name: Weronika
Course: BA Architecture, Central Saint Martins

My name is Weronika. I am a final year BA Architecture student and a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design graduate, both at Central Saint Martins. I moved to London almost 4 years ago for my studies. Apart from university life, the city offers incredible amount of events and opportunities to grow. I took my first steps into a creative career by working in an art gallery, starting some freelance design work, as well as assisting a visual artist in their exhibition preparation. At the moment, my research concentrates on sustainable city planning..

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have and share my experience. Don’t hesitate to contact me!

Name: Tejaswini

Course: MA Fashion Futures, London College of Fashion

Greetings, I'm Tejaswini, a dedicated MA Fashion Futures student at London College of Fashion (LCF). I moved from India to the vibrant and diverse city of London, and it has been nothing short of a transformative experience.

My time at UAL has been full of challenges and opportunities, all of which have contributed significantly to my personal and academic growth. I fully understand that navigating this path can be both thrilling and demanding, and I'm here to offer guidance and support throughout your journey.

If you have any questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out I'm here to help! 😊

Hey Tejaswini,
I’ve applied to LCF, for Msc Cosmetic Sciences, I haven’t heard back anything from the college. There’s supposed to be an interview too, should I be worried?? As I haven’t heard back for it yet?

And there’s nothing else I have to do, other than just updating the immigrant history right ?
Hi, for those who interviewed for the CSM program, who typically conducts the interviews? Is it usually the course leader, or a mix of faculty/staff?Any insights appreciated!
Reply 34
Hi there! I really want to know how long it takes to hear back from you after the interview haha. Mine took place on the 6th of February and so far have not received any update in the portal & UCAS. Thanks!!
Original post by Bella Wan
Hi there! I really want to know how long it takes to hear back from you after the interview haha. Mine took place on the 6th of February and so far have not received any update in the portal & UCAS. Thanks!!
What MA have you applied for?
Reply 36
What MA have you applied for?
Camberwell's BA(Hons) Fine Art: Drawing
I’m not able to upload my portfolio on Pebblepad - it’s not uploading when I click confirm. Any help? URGENT!!
Reply 38
Hi for Weronika, I was wondering what is a good laptop for the architecture course? Is there a certain one students go for that is best suited? Thank you 🙂
Anyone heard back from MA strategic fashion marketing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending