The Student Room Group

ELQ Exempt Course - Student Finance how?

Hi all!

I am a career changer looking to apply for my second degree (either foundation or BA) in an unrelated subject area to my first. I am looking at Animal Science courses - I have checked and they are coded CAH-06.1 which I am under the belief is an ELQ Exempt qualification if studied Part-Time and therefore I would be eligible for some funding (despite having already achieved a BA qualification).

I am hoping to be able to apply and study as soon as possible. I was wondering - how do I apply for student finance for the part time ELQ exempt course.

When I log into student finance, part-time options only exist for the year 2022-2023 - nothing for this year or next?

Do I apply through the same process, or do I need to use an alternative process? Also - do I apply for the course first (at risk of not knowing my finances?) or do I apply for student finance first and then apply for my course.

Thank you so much for supporting me with this
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by YHolmes95
Hi all!
I am a career changer looking to apply for my second degree (either foundation or BA) in an unrelated subject area to my first. I am looking at Animal Science courses - I have checked and they are coded CAH-06.1 which I am under the belief is an ELQ Exempt qualification if studied Part-Time and therefore I would be eligible for some funding (despite having already achieved a BA qualification).
I am hoping to be able to apply and study as soon as possible. I was wondering - how do I apply for student finance for the part time ELQ exempt course.
When I log into student finance, part-time options only exist for the year 2022-2023 - nothing for this year or next?
Do I apply through the same process, or do I need to use an alternative process? Also - do I apply for the course first (at risk of not knowing my finances?) or do I apply for student finance first and then apply for my course.
Thank you so much for supporting me with this

Hi there,

Based on what you have advised the course should be classed as one of the exceptions part time but nothing is definite till you apply and we can check this. Applications for part time don't normally open till later in the year. We will publish when these go live on our website and social media channels.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending