The Student Room Group

Post grads

I had a query, I was wondering if it were possible to do a post graduate degree in history with a criminology degree?
Firstly! Depends where you are. I would reccomend, if you are still doing your undergrad to go to student careers or support and talk about your options with them. Of course you would always be able to crim combined with history as a postgrad but just history would probably depend. Like you will be unlikely be allowed to just do a post grad on the roman empire for no reason.
Original post by Louise_445
I had a query, I was wondering if it were possible to do a post graduate degree in history with a criminology degree?

MA courses have varied entry requirements. Some will require a relevant undergraduate degree, others will want some undergraduate modules on a relevant topic, others will be open to anyone willing to pay (it’s basically “buyer beware” - you’re expected to be capable of making a decision about your own abilities and knowledge).

Is there a specific reason that you’re asking this? Are you hoping to take an MA History for a particular purpose?
Hi there,

Studying a postgraduate course in History after completing a Criminology Degree will depend on the university you would like to attend.

Is it possible, but as someone mentioned earlier, all MA courses have different entry requirements.

Therefore, if you are firm on pursuing a Masters in History, I would advise you to ask the universities you're interested in if they would accept your Criminology Degree.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending