The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Colleges for Postgrads

Hi everyone, I'm considering applying to do my masters at Durham. I currently attend a collegiate university and love the system, so I would love to live in one again at Durham and think it would make me feel more comfortable as I don't know anyone in the city. I know that Ustinov is specifically for postgrads, but I was wondering if we also have the chance to apply to other colleges, and how likely it would be to get a place. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone, I'm considering applying to do my masters at Durham. I currently attend a collegiate university and love the system, so I would love to live in one again at Durham and think it would make me feel more comfortable as I don't know anyone in the city. I know that Ustinov is specifically for postgrads, but I was wondering if we also have the chance to apply to other colleges, and how likely it would be to get a place. Thanks :smile:

Yes all colleges have post-grads :smile: Getting a place living in college varies massively, you should prioritise those colleges that have more space for post-grads if that is important to you
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I know this year Mary's has taken on a separate accom building that's specifically for postgrads so don't feel pent in by Ustinov being the only solely postgrad college. It'll be worth checking how many spaces each college has for postgrads too to help you with your decision.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there

As the other people have mentioned, all colleges have spaces for postgrad students so you can definitely apply to other ones as well. Each has a different number of postgrad spaces available and the stats are listed in this guide. The higher the number of rooms, the more chance you'll have of getting allocated. You only have the option to rank 3 colleges so factor that in while ranking your preferences.

Please let me know if you have more questions :smile:

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest