The Student Room Group

Aerospace engineering job prospects

I’m terrified of not being able to get a job in engineering as I’ve seen a lot of posts where people have hit a wall and had to resort to other career paths. Any aero grads, how did it go for you?
Getting a graduate job is not easy from any course.

That said students who apply themselves: build a strong cv, get internship experience tend to do well from an aerospace background, most aero grads I have known tend to get jobs out of university starting between £30-35000 (and tend to grow salary fairly fast) in a company with very good work life balance (companies such as rolls-royce, boeing, atkins etc.).

An experienced engineer in the aerospace industry (at a reputable company) can make close to £100k - of course an engineer would also be expected to be very technically competent to make this money.

The important thing is using your time at university to learn how to make yourself a strong candidate for employers & combine that with your degree, plenty of aero grads choose to pursue other avenues as well.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
Getting a graduate job is not easy from any course.

That said students who apply themselves: build a strong cv, get internship experience tend to do well from an aerospace background, most aero grads I have known tend to get jobs out of university starting between £30-35000 (and tend to grow salary fairly fast) in a company with very good work life balance (companies such as rolls-royce, boeing, atkins etc.).

An experienced engineer in the aerospace industry (at a reputable company) can make close to £100k - of course an engineer would also be expected to be very technically competent to make this money.

The important thing is using your time at university to learn how to make yourself a strong candidate for employers & combine that with your degree, plenty of aero grads choose to pursue other avenues as well.

Ah, very comforting to hear, thank you very much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest