The Student Room Group

which undergrad

With my result of DCD which undergrad should i do?
Original post by A_u_r
With my result of DCD which undergrad should i do?

Hello, your question is a little vague could you explain a bit more about what we can help you with? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Hello, your question is a little vague could you explain a bit more about what we can help you with? :smile:

Its basically my As level results. i wish to study anything related to biology, but as you can see with this result i think its not possible but still would be glad if you could offer some insight
Oh mob
Original post by A_u_r
Its basically my As level results. i wish to study anything related to biology, but as you can see with this result i think its not possible but still would be glad if you could offer some insight

Where did you take your qualifications?
England/Wales/another nation?

(My next reply will probably be in the morning.)
Reply 5
Original post by 04MR17
Where did you take your qualifications?
England/Wales/another nation?

(My next reply will probably be in the morning.)

That would be in the United Arab Emirates
Original post by A_u_r
That would be in the United Arab Emirates

Okay so am I right to say your AS results will contribute to your full A Level?
You should have a conversation with your teachers about what your full A Level grade might be looking like now and whether it might be worth re-doing any of your AS units.

Are you planning on coming to uni in the UK?
Original post by A_u_r

I would focus on pursuing an avenue that will or can be tailored to a job or industry you are interested in. Or a subject (of socioeconomic value) you are passionate about.

if you are unsure id consider perhaps taking a break before university, you can re-apply with more consideration (as well as resit if you want to). Additionally you can get some work or volunteering experience.

Other avenues to consider:
- foundation years
- apprenticeships
- degree apprenticeships

i don’t advise simply going straight to university because school & academics feel like a natural conveyor belt, do university when you have a plan.
Reply 8
Original post by 04MR17
Okay so am I right to say your AS results will contribute to your full A Level?
You should have a conversation with your teachers about what your full A Level grade might be looking like now and whether it might be worth re-doing any of your AS units.

Are you planning on coming to uni in the UK?

For my uni i am willing to go to any country to be honest
Reply 9
Original post by mnot
I would focus on pursuing an avenue that will or can be tailored to a job or industry you are interested in. Or a subject (of socioeconomic value) you are passionate about.

if you are unsure id consider perhaps taking a break before university, you can re-apply with more consideration (as well as resit if you want to). Additionally you can get some work or volunteering experience.

Other avenues to consider:
- foundation years
- apprenticeships
- degree apprenticeships

i don’t advise simply going straight to university because school & academics feel like a natural conveyor belt, do university when you have a plan.

What could be the requirements for foundation years?
Original post by A_u_r
What could be the requirements for foundation years?

It varies you would need to check each universities websites, foundation years typically are structured similarly to normal offers i.e. 3 A-levels / BTEC but are often more flexible with regards to required grades & subjects.
Reply 11
Original post by mnot
It varies you would need to check each universities websites, foundation years typically are structured similarly to normal offers i.e. 3 A-levels / BTEC but are often more flexible with regards to required grades & subjects.

i have found an MD program here in the UAE. it has relatively low requirements and i really hope that my re sits are enough to pull my grades
Original post by A_u_r
For my uni i am willing to go to any country to be honest

Okay, we're a UK based website so I can help with talking to you about applying to universities here. In general, we have limited experience of overseas Higher Education systems.
Original post by A_u_r
i have found an MD program here in the UAE. it has relatively low requirements and i really hope that my re sits are enough to pull my grades

I can’t comment on this program but best of luck
Reply 14
Original post by 04MR17
Okay, we're a UK based website so I can help with talking to you about applying to universities here. In general, we have limited experience of overseas Higher Education systems.

In the UK, what is my minimum requirements if i were to study in any biology related field
Original post by A_u_r
In the UK, what is my minimum requirements if i were to study in any biology related field

Biology related field is quite vague but I'm going to do my best to post a range of different courses for you so you get an idea.

BSc Biology - Manchester - AAA-AAB
Bioengineering - Keele - BBC
Biochemistry - Southampton - AAB
Biomedical Science - Northumbria - 120 UCAS Tariff points including a B in A Level Biology
Biomedical Science - Southampton Solent - 2 A Levels with the minimum entry requirement of 112 UCAS points.

I've chosen these randomly, trying to give you a flavour of different institutions at different points in the UK Higher Education ladder. There are Biomed courses with significantly higher entry requirements and Biochemistry & Biology courses with lower entry requirements. Just gives you a flavour. If you google "UCAS tariff points calculator" then you can see what those bottom two translate to.

For all of these courses there are specific subjects that they require you to have done too. :yep:

I'll leave you to do the rest of your research, but hopefully this is a starting point for the UK and if you have a more specific question I'm happy to help. :smile:

MR
Reply 16
Original post by 04MR17
Biology related field is quite vague but I'm going to do my best to post a range of different courses for you so you get an idea.

BSc Biology - Manchester - AAA-AAB
Bioengineering - Keele - BBC
Biochemistry - Southampton - AAB
Biomedical Science - Northumbria - 120 UCAS Tariff points including a B in A Level Biology
Biomedical Science - Southampton Solent - 2 A Levels with the minimum entry requirement of 112 UCAS points.

I've chosen these randomly, trying to give you a flavour of different institutions at different points in the UK Higher Education ladder. There are Biomed courses with significantly higher entry requirements and Biochemistry & Biology courses with lower entry requirements. Just gives you a flavour. If you google "UCAS tariff points calculator" then you can see what those bottom two translate to.

For all of these courses there are specific subjects that they require you to have done too. :yep:

I'll leave you to do the rest of your research, but hopefully this is a starting point for the UK and if you have a more specific question I'm happy to help. :smile:

MR

Thank you soo much mate its very helpful,

But as you said specific, I thought I would like to apply for a Biotechnology or bio chemistry. (You can omit bio med courses)
Original post by A_u_r
Thank you soo much mate its very helpful,

But as you said specific, I thought I would like to apply for a Biotechnology or bio chemistry. (You can omit bio med courses)

Very welcome :smile:
As I said above, I've given you a starting point and now you need to do your own research :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending