The Student Room Group

GCSE mocks - i only have 1 month

It’s my fault i only have 1 month obviously, but I feel like I can at least the to knuckle down during these last weeks before my mocks. I know content, generally, not in detail just the general idea. I feel like I’m going to get 6s but I want to at least push them to 7s or 8s. One month is really not long enough :frown: (why did I do this to myself) . Whats a good strategy for each subject to improve in this last month? I think flashcards are taking too much time so I’m not really sure what to do. Any suggestions? Thank you :smile:
I also only have one month till mocks and am doing as much revision over this week holidays. I am going to do 5 hours structured revision each day so 1 hour of a subject/topic at a time then changing, I will probably do some more afterwards but I think that 5 topics a day should be enough to revise the content. If 1 hour at a time is a bit much you could also do 20-30 minute bursts and then you will get more subjects in but don;'t forget to take breaks as well.
For revision the CGP books are really helpful and I mostly use online websites (Seneca, Cognito, PMT, Quizlet, Mathswatch, Sparknotes etc.) as you don't have to spend time making revision resources and can instead focus on just revising as it is already made for you.
Hope this helps and good luck with your mocks xx
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
It’s my fault i only have 1 month obviously, but I feel like I can at least the to knuckle down during these last weeks before my mocks. I know content, generally, not in detail just the general idea. I feel like I’m going to get 6s but I want to at least push them to 7s or 8s. One month is really not long enough :frown: (why did I do this to myself) . Whats a good strategy for each subject to improve in this last month? I think flashcards are taking too much time so I’m not really sure what to do. Any suggestions? Thank you :smile:

My best advice as someone who just finished GCSEs would be to do as many practice questions as you can. These could be from textbooks or exam papers because the more you do, the more prepared you are. There is a very specific amount of things they can ask so similar questions will always come up from time to time :biggrin: Good luck to you guys!!
Past paper practice is the best way to see how the exam boards want you to structure your answers, and what specific words/info they want in your answers. I would say, do some past papers, then revise the content that you are least sure of (basically the stuff you failed to answer correctly in the paper).

Quick Reply

Latest