The Student Room Group

Options picking

I'm going to year 12 in september. Should I just do further maths, drop maths and switch to art? but if so I won't be able to do biology cos they r all on the same block unless I give up Chinese so I can still do biology but I feel like Chinese can help boost my grades more and Chinese is barely even a subject that I need to actually put in effort to revise for and I can still get a pretty decent grade but I'm definitely going to pick psychology and further maths. I went to a biology taster today on an induction day and I realized they cover way more content for alevel, the woman told me since I did separate science it would be a benefit for me but the point is I did foundation.
(edited 10 months ago)
Roughly what are you thinking of studying in uni?

Dropping normal maths for further, at least in my school, meant taking the same material in half the class time (since taking FM but not normal maths A level makes zero sense).

My fluent (albeit HK rather than mainlander) Chinese classmate managed to get a C in A level Chinese so it's no free A* by any means.

Art A level is a ton of coursework, and is useless if you aren't applying for art or architecture at uni.

Biology A-level is not conceptually difficult, but requires a ton of material to be covered, so moves at a rapid pace.
Reply 2
Original post by Meltboy7778
Roughly what are you thinking of studying in uni?

Dropping normal maths for further, at least in my school, meant taking the same material in half the class time (since taking FM but not normal maths A level makes zero sense).

My fluent (albeit HK rather than mainlander) Chinese classmate managed to get a C in A level Chinese so it's no free A* by any means.

Art A level is a ton of coursework, and is useless if you aren't applying for art or architecture at uni.

Biology A-level is not conceptually difficult, but requires a ton of material to be covered, so moves at a rapid pace.

I'm probably going to do psychology in uni cos im probably just going to be a therapist in the furture. Damn, is alevel Chinese rlly that hard, I managed to get an 8 for my Chinese gcse tho. I think the woman in the biology taster I went today said there would be a 25 mark essay on one of the alevel biology papers, correct me if I am wrong cos I went to a lot of tasters today but I still think it would still worth it to do biology cos it has more correlation with psychology in certain aspects.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest