The Student Room Group

Student Finance - Second Degree Funding

Hello,
I am looking to study an environmental science degree. However I already competed a BSc in maths and a PGCE, both fully funded by Student Finance.

I have seen some things about limited funding and part time funding and wanted to get clarity on my options. Specifically what support towards tuition and maintenance, if any, I would get on the following routes.

If I study Environmental Science BSc full time

If I study Environmental Science BSc part time

If I study Environmental Science integrated masters full time or part time.

Thank you in advance for your time.
Original post by Rsadam
Hello,
I am looking to study an environmental science degree. However I already competed a BSc in maths and a PGCE, both fully funded by Student Finance.

I have seen some things about limited funding and part time funding and wanted to get clarity on my options. Specifically what support towards tuition and maintenance, if any, I would get on the following routes.

If I study Environmental Science BSc full time

If I study Environmental Science BSc part time

If I study Environmental Science integrated masters full time or part time.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Hi Rsadam,

Environmental Science courses are exceptions to previous study and equal level qualification rules if it is a part time course only.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Thank you Clare.

So I would be eligible for tuition and maintenance loans from Student Finance if I study part time?
Original post by Rsadam
Thank you Clare.

So I would be eligible for tuition and maintenance loans from Student Finance if I study part time?

Hi Rsadam,

If you are studying an eligible course with 25% intensity or higher and it is in person, then yes, you may be eligible for the Part Time Maintenance Loan. I have provided a link where you can check your eligibility further.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/parttime-students

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending