The Student Room Group

I am 25 years old and I need to get my GCSE English science

Hello I’m 25 years old I want to know how I can get my English and science. I have left school over 10 years ago and didn’t pass. I want to know how I can do it because right now it’s really expensive and I am trying to become midwife, so I need advice on how to go about it.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Shells_
Hello five years old I want to know how I can get my English and science. I have left school over 10 years ago and didn’t pass. I want to know how I can do it because right now it’s really expensive and I am trying to become midwife, so I need advice on how to go about it.

Have you consider going to your local adult college? Community college also offers this.
They should also be free if you don't have passes in them, but it's recommended that you ask the college first.
If they don't offer it for free for any random reason (wouldn't understand why), you can look into the Advanced Learner's Loan from the Student Finance Company.
Just for the heads up, if you want to do your Level 3 for your accredited midwifery course (by the Midwifery and Nursing Council: https://www.nmc.org.uk/education/approved-programmes/), you can also do this at the same college. From knowledge, you're likely going to need something related to biology. Access, A Levels, BTECs are usually accepted, but you would want to check the entry requirements of the specific degree that you want to do.

By the way, you typically finish your GCSEs at 16. 10+ 16 = 26. Even if your birthday is in August, you would be 16 by the time in August, so the maths still doesn't add up.

Quick Reply

Latest