The Student Room Group

Driving test

Hi everyone, I really need an urgent answer right now if anyone can help. I’ve failed 2 times my driving test and now I urgently look for a early test within a month. I was looking for it in a Facebook group and one lady answered me and she had few slots available for the next 3 weeks and she asked me to pay 175£. It’s that a scam or should I trust her? She said payment after booking. What should I do?
Thank you.
Are you booking through a website? Did she message you first?

Look at her profile- does it seem like a learning instructors profile? Or try googling her to see if she has a business etc.
See if she's on the registered list

https://www.gov.uk/find-driving-schools-and-lessons
Reply 2
Original post by HappyBunny'93
Are you booking through a website? Did she message you first?

Look at her profile- does it seem like a learning instructors profile? Or try googling her to see if she has a business etc.
See if she's on the registered list

https://www.gov.uk/find-driving-schools-and-lessons

She sent me a message on Facebook messenger and asked me if I’m still looking for a test and she gave me some availability dates for the next month and said I will pay after I receive the confirmation. Should I trust her? It’s sound like a scam? I don’t have other choice as on GOV website is nearly impossible to find a test.
Reply 3
Original post by HellenFF
She sent me a message on Facebook messenger and asked me if I’m still looking for a test and she gave me some availability dates for the next month and said I will pay after I receive the confirmation. Should I trust her? It’s sound like a scam? I don’t have other choice as on GOV website is nearly impossible to find a test.

so if you have to pay after booking whats the problem lol if she doesnt book dont pay, if she books pay?
Reply 4
Original post by MoDesignss
so if you have to pay after booking whats the problem lol if she doesnt book dont pay, if she books pay?

Thank you for your reply.
Well, I was a bit sceptic. She doesn’t have many friends and pictures and her profile. But she told payment after booking. So, if I give her my driving license number and she booked me, can I then go and check with the booking reference number to see my test, right? I was just thinking not to be scammed. So it might be safe…
Reply 5
Thank you for your reply.
Well, I was a bit sceptic. She doesn’t have many friends and pictures and her profile. But she told payment after booking. So, if I give her my driving license number and she booked me, can I then go and check with the booking reference number to see my test, right? I was just thinking not to be scammed. So it might be safe…

i mean its probably a scam in some sort of way like asking for a fee or some **** but as long as you dont PAY before you receive anything, i dont see why not
Reply 6
Original post by MoDesignss
i mean its probably a scam in some sort of way like asking for a fee or some **** but as long as you dont PAY before you receive anything, i dont see why not

Yeah, we know that a driving test price is 62/75£, but I found that there are Facebook groups where some people ( I don’t know how) they can sell you a quick test for 175/200£.
Reply 7
Hi everyone, I really need an urgent answer right now if anyone can help. I’ve failed 2 times my driving test and now I urgently look for a early test within a month. I was looking for it in a Facebook group and one lady answered me and she had few slots available for the next 3 weeks and she asked me to pay 175£. It’s that a scam or should I trust her? She said payment after booking. What should I do?
Thank you.

Hi, just passed my driving test first time, if you want advice or help or even a crash course, GSM Driving School is the place to call, George knows people very well and can easily book you a test at a lower fee. He is located in London, call him, he has been in the business for years and has had multiple successive passes. Here is the link, highly recommend- details are on there 😃 Good luck

https://www.google.com/localservices/prolist?spp=Cg0vZy8xMWhidnFiY2tk&scp=ChNnY2lkOmRyaXZpbmdfc2Nob29sGhJnc20gZHJpdmluZyBzY2hvb2wiEmdzbSBkcml2aW5nIHNjaG9vbCoSZ3NtIGRyaXZpbmcgc2Nob29s&safe=active&src=2&slp=UhUIARIREg8iDS9nLzExaGJ2cWJja2Q

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending