The Student Room Group

A level bio 20marker

Hello, does anyone have any tips on writing 20mark biology questions? The question i have to answer is ‘describe the roles of water in living organisms and as an environment for living organisms’. Is there any specific pieces of info or a way to structure that will get you high marks (what im aiming for). Thanks! (Cie exam board)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by hazeloriana
Hello, does anyone have any tips on writing 20mark biology questions? The question i have to answer is ‘describe the roles of water in living organisms and as an environment for living organisms’. Is there any specific pieces of info or a way to structure that will get you high marks (what im aiming for). Thanks! (Cie exam board)

Hey just curious were you tasked to write this 20 marker? Pretty sure CIE A level Biology removed 20 markers from the exam
Original post by hazeloriana

I guess you can talk about water being a solvent, a metabolite, high shc, latent heat of vaporisation and cohesion. And then you can bring in stuff about the xylem and phloem - process of transpiration and translocation. Maybe then talk about water being used in photosynthesis and respiration.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest