The Student Room Group

Alevels Winter Revision

Does anyone have a format for their revision timetable for this break? I'm doing for 4 subjects (Maths, FMaths, History, Sociology). I have a plan in mind but haven't taken action yet. So far, I'm planning to do two essays per week alongside practice questions for both History and Sociology, e.g., interpretations/sources, 10marker/20marker. Maths/Fmaths is just practising exam questions... but I don't have a proper format for doing everything. I procrastinate a lot so does anyone have a template of theirs with breaks for 4 subjects?
Original post by pwp1014
Does anyone have a format for their revision timetable for this break? I'm doing for 4 subjects (Maths, FMaths, History, Sociology). I have a plan in mind but haven't taken action yet. So far, I'm planning to do two essays per week alongside practice questions for both History and Sociology, e.g., interpretations/sources, 10marker/20marker. Maths/Fmaths is just practising exam questions... but I don't have a proper format for doing everything. I procrastinate a lot so does anyone have a template of theirs with breaks for 4 subjects?

Hi @pwp1014 ,

I don't have a template but I would recommend trying different ways to revise to see what works for you. When I was revising for my a-levels I liked to do focus mainly on one subject a day, this is because switching between subjects felt like a bit much for my brain e.g. switching from subject A to B it took my brain time to warm up and be ready to study it.

Having said that though, some people preferred to do an hour(ish) of subject in a day to add variety so they do not get bored so it really is up to you.

I know this isn't quite the answer you were looking for but I would also google different revising techniques and see which helps. For example, flashcards never worked for me but I thought they would because everyone said it worked for them!

Remember to take breaks too and rest your brain so you don't become burnt out as this would be the last thing you'd want before term started.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the rest of the holidays.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest