The Student Room Group

Dating apps - how long to wait for date?

I matched with this person a month ago and we’ve been talking everyday. They still haven’t asked me on a date but they’ve said I’m their soulmate and all of this (which I know is a red flag). I’ve aired them today because I’m finding it a bit much, the conversation has dried up and there’s still no talk of a date and I feel like they’ve got way too comfortable too quickly. Is this justified? Or should I hold out longer?
Reply 1
You are right about the red flags, and it's best to move on from that individual. However what's wrong with you asking someone on a date?

I met a guy at work, we started dating 4 days later and became official after 3 months. Four weeks of online communication with nothing to show for it is a waste of time.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
You are right about the red flags, and it's best to move on from that individual. However what's wrong with you asking someone on a date?

I met a guy at work, we started dating 4 days later and became official after 3 months. Four weeks of online communication with nothing to show for it is a waste of time.

Thank you. It could be a completely wrong mindset, but from past experience, if a guy puts in no effort to organise anything at the start it generally follows through the relationship. So if he can't ask me out on a date, when we've clearly matched, then it's not overly promising.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you. It could be a completely wrong mindset, but from past experience, if a guy puts in no effort to organise anything at the start it generally follows through the relationship. So if he can't ask me out on a date, when we've clearly matched, then it's not overly promising.

Maybe guys think the same about girls who don't put the effort in...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending