The Student Room Group

Locum doctor as an IMG - difficulties finding shifts

So, recently registered on the GMC with full registration.
Joined up to about 5 or 6 Locum agencies, gave them my specific interests (which was pretty much open to any department bar a few) location in London though open to travel a little further out. And yet seem to be having trouble finding a shift, even ad hoc or short term positions.
I would like to ask if anyone else experienced this when returning back to the UK after graduating abroad. If so are there any tips or tricks which I may be missing here.
I do understand that previous NHS experience as they say is very much appreciated, though how is one supposed to gain experience if a chance is not provided 😅
Have been advised to apply directly to trust banks too, but Is rather difficult without again, experience.
Would very much appreciate some help in this matter from anyone who’s been through this
With many thanks in advance
Reply 1
Do you have a valid visa to work in the UK?
Reply 2
IMGs without NHS experience may find it more difficult to secure locum work, so it’s important to cast a wide net.

Finally, don’t be afraid to reach out to your network and ask for help
Note that locum work can be competitive, so having connections in the industry can be helpful. You could also consider joining online forums or groups to connect with other locum doctors and share tips and advice.
I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck in your search for locum work!
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending