The Student Room Group

Is the friendship over?

Basically I moved far away and some friends have stayed in touch etc. there’s one in particular that I was very close with that never seems to text though.

The friend does reply very fast when I reply to their Instagram story etc. but never just texts me without me texting them first. Should I just stop trying to make conversation with them?

They haven’t ghosted me per se but I feel like they’re being odd with me. As I said the other friends text me without me saying anything to them first/ we both initiate contact first.

I don’t want to cut the friend off but I also don’t want to keep it one sided as I believe it’s a two way street.

Opinions please :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I moved far away and some friends have stayed in touch etc. there’s one in particular that I was very close with that never seems to text though.

The friend does reply very fast when I reply to their Instagram story etc. but never just texts me without me texting them first. Should I just stop trying to make conversation with them?

They haven’t ghosted me per se but I feel like they’re being odd with me. As I said the other friends text me without me saying anything to them first/ we both initiate contact first.

I don’t want to cut the friend off but I also don’t want to keep it one sided as I believe it’s a two way street.

Opinions please :smile:

I feel like you should confront her and ask her if she’s got a problem.
I feel like she may be upset that you’ve moved?
But that’s not ur fault though.
Do u still feel like u and her have a lot to talk about when u text her or is she dry?
Reply 2
Original post by Syed998
I feel like you should confront her and ask her if she’s got a problem.
I feel like she may be upset that you’ve moved?
But that’s not ur fault though.
Do u still feel like u and her have a lot to talk about when u text her or is she dry?

Yeah, I don’t think the friend took it well when I told them I was moving. Maybe I moved a bit suddenly too…I know the friend cried bc she told me but I said I’d keep in touch and visit every now and again. I’ve visited once (that was 4 months ago) and we got on fine and she seemed normal perhaps even flirted with me a bit but that might just be me thinking that but her not actually doing that.

when we text she seems fine, replies fast but after a few texts she will suddenly stop replying and open the text weeks later and not say anything.

not toooo sure :/
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, I don’t think the friend took it well when I told them I was moving. Maybe I moved a bit suddenly too…I know the friend cried bc she told me but I said I’d keep in touch and visit every now and again. I’ve visited once (that was 4 months ago) and we got on fine and she seemed normal perhaps even flirted with me a bit but that might just be me thinking that but her not actually doing that.

when we text she seems fine, replies fast but after a few texts she will suddenly stop replying and open the text weeks later and not say anything.

not toooo sure :/

I feel like she seems worried. Like if you’ve moved away there’s no point in trying coz she feels the fire nahi won’t last since ur away?
I’d talk to her for sure bout it and see what she says. That’ll probs change things up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending