The Student Room Group

What should I do outside class while studying a text in class A-level English?

I’ve been really disorganised since starting y12 and i’m doing a-level English lit and I don’t know how I should be organising anything or what I should be doing away from class. Can anyone give me any advice on this please, like how did you review your lessons, what kind of work/revision did you do outside of the class to stay on top of work? Also any tips on how to annotate my texts/make notes would be appreciated. Thank you!!
Hiya
So for A level english lit i got the revision guide for my set text eg streetcar named desire and studied the characters and themes through this.Tips for making notes I’d say key quote- explanation and then if it links to any character/theme or why it is important. I’d say for revision flashcards or mind maps really helped me and i did one for each chapter/act , character or theme.For poetry just keep reading over them to try and get the key points into your head. After each lesson I had to rewrite my notes which takes time but my notes were very messy and disorganised and it really helped coming up to the main exams and mocks.YouTube will have great short summaries of books and plays and id also recommend the quizlet for lighter revision.

Hope this helps any questions just ask me and good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by ebyrne2036
Hiya
So for A level english lit i got the revision guide for my set text eg streetcar named desire and studied the characters and themes through this.Tips for making notes I’d say key quote- explanation and then if it links to any character/theme or why it is important. I’d say for revision flashcards or mind maps really helped me and i did one for each chapter/act , character or theme.For poetry just keep reading over them to try and get the key points into your head. After each lesson I had to rewrite my notes which takes time but my notes were very messy and disorganised and it really helped coming up to the main exams and mocks.YouTube will have great short summaries of books and plays and id also recommend the quizlet for lighter revision.

Hope this helps any questions just ask me and good luck!

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending