The Student Room Group

Losing my bestfriend

I think I’m losing my bestfriend. She started speaking to this guy romantically on Monday and ever since she’s been with him nearly everyday and justtslkkmg about him. I’m happy for her as the guy is 10/10 literally tickets every box. But I feel as though I’m gonna lose her now or very soon. She says she’s notices I don’t message her much when I know she’s with him and that’s true as I feel like I’m disturbing her/them. She said she wants me to message like normal which I’ll try to do but I just don’t like being left on. Read for hours on end hence why I Avoid it.

She said she can feel I’m off with her and tbh I am as she’s with an amazing person and she’s more attracted to girls than guys so her having bagged the perfect guy just hurts as I’m straight (although it shouldn’t). She said she’s reluctant to tell me stuff as she doesn’t want to make me sad especially as I’ve been feeling down for the past few weeks before all of this due to insecurities of my body and relationships. So this big change has really hurt me internally as I feel like although my friend is making an effort throughout the week to still ft me and message me. She says that no guy will be a priority over her friends and that she literally tells me everything before she does him which made me feel so reassured.

She knows how I feel and she understands and she says she doesn’t wanna tell me loads to upset me but I know that’s annoying for her as she really wants to tell me as I am her bestfriend and she has said she’s told other friends more than me as they seem more interested.

But this weekend things between her and the guy have got serious and today she been off with her messages to me so I questioned it as her replies for hours between which is unusual as we tend to reply within minutes if not seconds but I’m not fussed.

I was only fussed today as I knew she was actively ignoring me and she said that she was busy which is true but she was still on her phone messaging the guy and other people so just nit me. She said she’s tired of explaining herself to me and that she’s had enough. I told her okay and I think this is the end. I’m quite sad as I believe i allowed my own emotions to ruin our friendship but I just can’t get past this. I said okay and that I will leave her be and I believe that if I don’t message her again she won’t message me and it’ll be the end. I think now that she has him it’s easier for her to cut me off as she has another person to confide in and loosing me will be nothing at all.
Reply 1
1) i don't know u guys irl so if i'm kinda incorrect, im sorry, but i think shes weirded out seeing ur hurt because shes got a nice guy. she's probably sensed it/picked up on it

2) a girl who chooses a guy over her bsf is a pos

3) a girl who stops acting like ur bsf isn't ur bsf anymore. and is also a pos

i had a similar incident w an old bsf, where she litr would leave me on delivered for HOURS, and when she did reply like 6 hours later at 3 am, her replies would be like "lol" "so tru". and this wasn't just online, she seemed to have amazing conversations with litr everyone BUT ME?? and when she got a bf she told one of her friends but she didn't tell my until 3 months later, and LIED saying she started dating him a week before she told me. so ik how u feel
Reply 2
Original post by zero333
1) i don't know u guys irl so if i'm kinda incorrect, im sorry, but i think shes weirded out seeing ur hurt because shes got a nice guy. she's probably sensed it/picked up on it

2) a girl who chooses a guy over her bsf is a pos

3) a girl who stops acting like ur bsf isn't ur bsf anymore. and is also a pos

i had a similar incident w an old bsf, where she litr would leave me on delivered for HOURS, and when she did reply like 6 hours later at 3 am, her replies would be like "lol" "so tru". and this wasn't just online, she seemed to have amazing conversations with litr everyone BUT ME?? and when she got a bf she told one of her friends but she didn't tell my until 3 months later, and LIED saying she started dating him a week before she told me. so ik how u feel

Thanks for replying! We had a huge argument yesterday as I called her out for her lijf replies she then gaslight me and then said I’ve been unsupportive of her relationship that has only been going on for a week! I don’t get how much more supportive I can be of something that has been going on for a literal week!! She said I don’t seem happy for her and now we haven’t spoken I told her to message me when she wants to sort and if she doesn’t it is what it is and by that I mean I’ll know how she truly feels and we won’t be friends anymore. It’s sad and it sucks but I just feel like getting upset with me over something like this is silly I will never not be happy for my friends and she doesn’t get that. She said I can’t separate my own problems and feelings of romantic relationships and being happy for her. If this is how she is 1 week in her new relationship I wouldn’t want to see how 1 month or 1 year is. I’m at my wits end. She has admitted to not telling me parts of her relationship with him as she doesn’t want to make me upset which I said wouldn’t happen.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending