The Student Room Group

Thanks TSR!

After being on TSR for the last 11 years, it is now time for me to leave.

I have managed to achieve a degree last academic year and I have no real reason to continue to stay on this website since I have no desire to study for another qualification in future. Thank you for all of the positive and negative advice and assistance over the years. It has been fun.

Later my dudes :smile:
Reply 1
Congratulations on achieving your degree, and best of luck wherever you go! Kudos to you for everything you've done :biggrin:
(edited 5 months ago)
Congratulations, there's been a mass exodus recently and I too am planning to leave permanently in around Feb of 2024. I'll see you outside soon.
Some people stay on here even if they are well past their degree (look at D&CA and Universities, but fair enough), bye.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Congratulations, there's been a mass exodus recently and I too am planning to leave permanently in around Feb of 2024. I'll see you outside soon.

Feb 2024? Dang, your probably one of the most truthful users on here.
Original post by Talkative Toad
Feb 2024? Dang, your probably one of the most truthful users on here.

Thanks a lot, toad. Yeah, I'm just sick of how boring this site's become, refreshing hundreds of times a day in the hope an interesting thread will pop up. Can't keep doing that anymore!
Original post by Thisismyunitsr

I have managed to achieve a degree last academic year and I have no real reason to continue to stay on this website since I have no desire to study for another qualification in future. Thank you for all of the positive and negative advice and assistance over the years. It has been fun.

Shame to see you go, you will always be welcome back :smile:

Best of luck in everything you do!
Thanks a lot, toad. Yeah, I'm just sick of how boring this site's become, refreshing hundreds of times a day in the hope an interesting thread will pop up. Can't keep doing that anymore!

I can agree. The threads are not as interesting as before (excluding forum games and event threads), there might be the odd D&CA or possibly Chat thread here and there that’s interesting but other than that yeah, not that much. Pretty much only two reasons/things that make me log on here.

I notice that the same type of chat threads and possibly forum game threads keep getting made.

Nice in my opinion to see more Uni+Study help posts take up the latest widget (considering who this website is aimed for).

Well goodbye Thisismyunitsr though.

I think TSR will die pretty soon. There's a million ways that students can communicate now (Discord, Instagram, Reddit) and their websites aren't stuck in 2005. I cannot see why anyone would make a TSR account nowadays.

Some people stay on here even if they are well past their degree (look at D&CA and Universities, but fair enough), bye.

There's little point in me doing so because I won't have the time anymore as I am probably going to start a new full time job soon.
I can agree. The threads are not as interesting as before (excluding forum games and event threads), there might be the odd D&CA or possibly Chat thread here and there that’s interesting but other than that yeah, not that much. Pretty much only two reasons/things that make me log on here.

I notice that the same type of chat threads and possibly forum game threads keep getting made.

Nice in my opinion to see more Uni+Study help posts take up the latest widget (considering who this website is aimed for).

Well goodbye Thisismyunitsr though.

See you my dude.
I think TSR will die pretty soon. There's a million ways that students can communicate now (Discord, Instagram, Reddit) and their websites aren't stuck in 2005. I cannot see why anyone would make a TSR account nowadays.

There's little point in me doing so because I won't have the time anymore as I am probably going to start a new full time job soon.

TSR is still a good place to ask for study help or arguably discussing exams (though some say that discussing exams is counterproductive as it will simply stress out more and you can't change what you've written in the exam) and advice when it comes to careers and anything University related. Can somewhat agree though (unless you're asking for advice or someone wanting to give advice or join the team).

See you my dude.

Yeah
TSR is still a good place to ask for study help or arguably discussing exams (though some say that discussing exams is counterproductive as it will simply stress out more and you can't change what you've written in the exam) and advice when it comes to careers and anything University related. Can somewhat agree though (unless you're asking for advice or someone wanting to give advice or join the team).

Yeah

Yeah I find TSR useless and counterproductive these days, it's the same opinions being sprouted by the same people for the last 10 years:
Do a STEM course
Go to a Russell Group
Only do a degree apprenticeship

It gets boring and tedious and I have pretty much had enough.

Been fun tho fr.
Yeah I find TSR useless and counterproductive these days, it's the same opinions being sprouted by the same people for the last 10 years:
Do a STEM course
Go to a Russell Group
Only do a degree apprenticeship

It gets boring and tedious and I have pretty much had enough.

Been fun tho fr.

The Russell Group/Rankings one comes up time and time again, it doesn’t help that certain websites publish university rankings in the first place.
Congrats on completing TSR!
Reply 15
:bird: :no: :bawling:

Congrats on your degree and thanks for the engagement. Hope to see you soon. Best.
Original post by Charles III
Congrats on completing TSR!

www.thestudentroom.co.uk speedrun 100% Any% Glitchless WR. 11 years and 11 months.
Original post by Surnia
:bird: :no: :bawling:

:dong:
Original post by Wired_1800
Congrats on your degree and thanks for the engagement. Hope to see you soon. Best.

I remember you from the OG days. I might come back for the occasional bit of ****posting but not come back long term.

I remember you from the OG days. I might come back for the occasional bit of ****posting but not come back long term.

Yep, i’m still here. The OG days were great tbh. I hope you do return at some point. All the best.
Original post by Wired_1800
Yep, i’m still here. The OG days were great tbh. I hope you do return at some point. All the best.

All the best to you too my man

Quick Reply

Latest